Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ER Last Night!!

Hey Everyone...

I was in the ER last night from about 8:30p until 1:15a. It all started when I had a major panick attack at work at like 2:30 in the afternoon. I wasn't doing ANYTHING. I was just sitting at my desk doing some simple tasks on the computer... and I suddenly got VERY tired... like I passed out, out of nowhere. Then I was okay for a couple of minutes, then my heart started racing, I got sweaty, shakey, lightheaded, dizzy... the works. SoI had a full-fledged panick attack at work for no damn reason. I was finally able to calm down though after about an hour... although my whole body hurt so bad. My muscles are still sore. I left work early, came home and just layed around. My heart rate, though, still hadn't dropped. So at about 8pm, I was home alone and I was starting to get really freaked out. So I called a 24 hour advice nurse from my insurance group and she told me to take my pulse... it was at 130. (Normal resting heart rate is 60-99). Since I was home alone, she wanted me to call 911... which I so didn't want to do... EMTs are always HOT... and I was embarassed as it is.. I'm only19 and I felt like I was having a heart attack. So I called my boyfriend to come home and take me to the ER instead. I got to the ER, when I got there, my HR was up to 148. Not good. So they put me in a bed, hooked me up to a bunch of monitors, took an EKG, and hooked me up to an IV and took some blood. All my blood tests were fine (4 1/2 hours later)... and they say that they don't know exactly what is going on with my heart. They said that stress and exhaustion can contribute to it... which is COMPLETELY possible. I'm VERY stressed out andTOTALLY exhausted. I don't sleep well, and like every detail of my routine life stresses me out more than anything ever has before. I always feel like crap, I'm always tired... I honestly hate living. So they sent me home with some information on palpitations, anxiety, and a drug to help me sleep (Ambien). But I can't take it until I speak with my psychologist... because if I'm clinically depressed, this drug can make it worse. So we'll see. In the mean time, I still feel like crap... I don't want to go to work anymore. I need to sleep. So, yeah, I'm still totally depressed.

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GRR I just poseted to you and my computer freaked lol anyhow I'm really sorry you went thru all of that! Thank God it wasnt' anything physically serious! I hope youre' feeling better now and that the Ambien works for you!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I am so sorry that you had to go through that, I had an attack like that once a few years ago they are miserable. The ambien will help you sleep. trust me, those things could put a charging rhino on its butt...

And sorry, I still can't stop giggling from you "EMT's are always hot" comment. So true, so true.....

same goes for firefighters.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hope your feeling better soon Allie.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

Oh Allie, I remember yesterday you said you had a bad day at work and had a panic attack and everything. I'm so sorry it got that bad. I hope you're ok. Big hugs to you!!

Josie
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I am so sorry that you had to go through that, how scary. HOw are you feeling now? I hope you are doing better, let us know, I will be thinking of you.

Michele

That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Oh Allie, I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I have had that happen to me as well, and it is scary and also frustrating. It is scary not feeling in control of what is happening to your body. I could always trace the episode back to the stressful situation that caused it, but it seems like you have many things going on all at once. (from your previous post) Just remember that you are not alone, and call on your boyfriend and friends (and us) to help you. Just having that support can make a world of difference.

Hang in there sweetie... You will be OK. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] You are a tough girl..

--Tink

Hey... I'm still feeling like crap. Still tired... still feeling hopeless about my life. Pray for me that I can go on disability.

Allie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That sounds like an awful experience you went through. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

If it helps you any, I must say, that when I was pregnant with my last son (who is 15 mo now) my heart rate got up to 160 when me and my hubby were at a drug store, purchasing a blood pressure/pulse machine. (go figure) The only reason we knew my pulse was that high, was because this lady was showing us how to use the machine. The first time it said 160 she thought there was an error, but the second time, she instructed me to call my OB right away, and I did. Then HE instructed me to go to labor and delivery. (I was almost 8 months pg) Well, they sent me home, and told me that since I had gained like 70lbs, my body was working overtime, and when I stood for long periods, (or walked around) my pulse would shoot up.

It sounds like you had a major anxiety attack. I hope things are somewhat back to normal for you now. I know that life can really suck sometimes, especially when we are depressed. Just think...spring is around the corner, and things will get easier!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Take care, Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Hey Allie, I hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean about feeling that way about life, I've been feeling the same way lately. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Hope you are feeling better Allie. These attacks can take so much energy out of you. I was like that so many times. Felt like your heart was going to jump right out of your chest! You sound like you need a good sleep! I had to watch what I eat, and get off the caffeine, all de-caff drinks for me.

I really hope you start to feeling better soon. Thinking about you.

aww you poor thing... what a horrible experience!! and ur only 19!! gosh...

tke this as a hint that ur body is saying "BE KINDER TO ME!" lol... it wants more "me-time" =P more chocolate =P more long hot baths =P e.t.c e.t.c get ppl to just completley pamper you...

anyway, hope u feel better very soon... what a terrible experience, welldone for getting thru it

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Hey All... I'm so sick of every day. I can't physically, mentally, or emotionally afford to keep going on this way. I need to quit my job... but I can't do it without being able to go on disability. Anyone have any suggestions for a first step?

I hate my life right now... I hate me.... I hate everyone at work...I hate everyone who is insensitive... I hate everyone who doesn't understand. I am just so full of hate right now. I'm so angry. Yet so damn sad and tired. Once again I didn't get much sleep last night. I seriously look like I haven't slept AT ALL in a week! I feel like I'm twice or three times my age. Well, I gotta go to work... damnit.

Allie

oh allie i am SOO sorry you are not doing so well.

If I were you id really look into being able to take those sleep aids. getting enough sleep really does me wonders when i am feeling low like you.

also, there has to be a way to go on disability...id talk to your Dr....if they dont know try looking in the front of your phone book..they often list the numbers fo government agencies.

also, the internet is a wodnerful thing..try googling "disability + your state" that might give you soem info as well.

just try hard to keep your chin up...and remember that this is just a phase and things WILL start looking up.

Do you think you could find a different job? or is it that you just dont think you are able to work at all?

you WILL make it through this...there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

we are all here for you..

And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU RIGHT NOW

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP SWEETIE!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

oh allie. I hate to see anyone feel as bad as you do. I am really sorry you are going through this. Have you had a chance to talk to your psychologist? Just know that we are always here for you sweetie![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

you have doctors
    appointments next week, right? i can't wait until you go.
    make sure you let them know the full extent of your troubles right now
    and encourage them to help you get on disability. i'm praying for
    you, i'm confident that you'll be allowed to take the rest you
    need. keep us posted.</font>

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

OMG I'm at work and I'm having another panick attack. I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!!! I WANT TO DIE!!

Allie how are you feeling now? You're going to be fine. It
    is just panic. You're not in any danger, no matter how freaking
    scary it is.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.