Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default If you vomit do you cry?

I know every time I vomit I cry and can not help it either.

I apologize for using the word I know from personal experience that the word it self can also be scary.

Default Re: If you vomit do you cry?

I have tears that run out of my eyes, but I'm not actually crying, crying.
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, every single time i have ever v*ed I cried before and during the sickness. Its definatly panic, scared crying too.

Sometimes. I know I'll usually whine more than cry though...ugh. Lol

I used to alter what I ate if I got sick the same day I ate something, but I've moved past that stage...I was more or less like that when I was a teen.

The last time I vomited (I was 10), I was whimpering rather than crying. I've had some very close encounters, and during those episodes I felt too nauseated to cry.

I have not cried, from my own vomiting, excluding my childhood days. (Obviously when I was a baby/small I must have cried.) I have cried from seeing others get sick though. I haven’t in a long time though because I am mostly over my emet’.

The last time I got sick, I think I probably mumbled a bunch of obscene language to myself. :/

I only remember crying once before I vomited, and that was only because the nausea I'd been experiencing beforehand was hell.

I swear, sometimes I don't think vomiting is as bad as the nausea and anxiety we emets feel beforehand...whenever I think about the last time I v* (which was around seven years ago), I barely remember actually doing it, but the horrible feeling I'd felt before I'd "tossed my cookies" sticks out painfully in my memory.

If I were to get sick (sometime in the FAR future, I hope!), I probably wouldn't allow myself to make it worse by crying. Strangely enough, I'm the sort of person who feels oddly giddy and happy after I v*! Probably because of the immense relief that it's all over & done with and the nausea has subsided. As the saying goes, "this too shall pass".

Yes, I do.
    "I'd rather cross the line and suffer the consequences, than stare at the line for the rest of my life." <3

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetThinker View Post
    I'm the sort of person who feels oddly giddy and happy after I vomit! Probably because of the immense relief that it's all over
    It's because endorphins are released when you vomit.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Endorphins, really? Haha I didn't know that...guess that's our body's way of cheering itself up after such an unpleasant experience!

I haven't been sick since I was 10 or 11 (I made SURE of that!), anyways, last time I did I cried during and afterwards, then was completly emotionless aftewards, like having emotion would bring it back.

I haven't v* for 9 years, but I would cry for sure. I cry when I have panick attacks (for example when I eat something I consider unsafe) so I'm sure I'd cry if I v*

I used to scream & cry when I was very little, but then toddlers always cry after an upsetting event. I haven`t cried with with vting since I was 5, but if Iv`e retched really hard my eyes have watered.

When I lived with my sister,my nephew use to v* a lot....he never cried afterward...I was always really impressed with a 3 year old that could v* and not think anything of it! I am also jealous of him! Haha..I don't remember crying last time I v*ed...I was 7... I do remember being really shaky...
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I do not associate crying with vomiting. That is just for me though.

i dont realy cry when im sick..because im to busy kind of thing..even after im like ive got to brush my tea sip water ect..now crying when i see others like childen thats a diffrent thing..i shake i go cold and i cry like a baby..

No. But that last time I vomited I was 13. I didn't cry.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

No I don't cry if I vomit but interestingly enough, half the people I know who are NOT emetophobic DO cry when they vomit.

I used to as a little girl. I thought I was in trouble ahaha. Now it is just disbelief.
    Life is so worth living.

I can't say I've ever cried, I remember when I was 17 getting a sv and thinking this is absolutely my worst nightmare, I hadn't been s* for about 10 years at that point. I am 42 now and there have been a few occasions when I v* since that time, interestingly when I get n* due to anxiety I get really freaked out, but its weird when I have been n* due a sv* it's like a different type of n* and I can recall on occasions thinking it would be better to v* than feel this ill so not feeling freaked out that much. AFter I v* I feel a sense of achievement and my fear subisdes for a short while but then eventually returns for me the thought of it and the what ifs are the worst part of this

My eyes water, but not really crying. I'mtoo panicked to cry, if that makes sense.

I don't necessarily cry, it's more of a biological reaction.