Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Last night I had the most detailed dream involving my brother getting sick. After I woke up I was shaking and said to myself "Well, it's been two days since he got sick...Maybe I'll be okay..." (In my dream it was anyways) and after about five minutes I remembered it was just a dream. A temporary wave of relief spread over me, but it was replaced by panic when I realized it was probably one of those predicting dreams. I wanted to run out of my closet and get my music player and headphones, but I was too scared I might hear something if I did. So, I spent most of the rest of the night shaking and panicking, but then finally drifted back off to sleep somehow. I woke up to find the ground covered in snow (yay! snowday!) and Benj, my brother, eating breakfast downstairs. He's healthy now, but I'm not sure how long it will last.

Also, he's about due to be sick. He's been sick-free for probably nearing a year. I can't remember a winter go by without him getting a small stomach bug. Maybe he's outgrowing that, though... Hopefully. I last got sick when I was his age, 10... but maybe's outgrown the whole getting sick thing a year early...

Anyways, I just had to post, because lasttime Ihad a dream about him getting sick and told people about it, he didn't get sick, butother times when I didn't tell anyone he did get sick.

Iam way to super-sticious.Or however you spell it...
    -Anna

I hate dreams like that. I had a dream that my son came into my room, and was sick all over me, I woke up in such a panic, I was afraid to go back to sleep. Those kinds of dreams are so terrible.

I have had vivid dreams like that also. Where I have been sick, and I have worken myself up out of a panic. It's scary, but you have to remember its just a dream, not a prediction!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Don't let your brain do that to you. It's not a prediction, it was just a dream triggered by emet being on your mind. I hate those dreams so much and I usually wake up feeling all queasy too. But he's ok and just because you told us doens't mean you've jinxed it. Have fun on your snow day!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I hate those kinds of dreams! Or the ones where you wake up and still "see" whatever is in your dream! I do that w/ bugs (the insect kind) alot and it freaks me out, i look like a moron cuz I sweep and beat my pillow trying to get them off LOL.

I agree that it was probably not a predicting dream. You said he is "due to be sick" your subconcious knows that and that could be why you dreamt it. Just keep up w/ being sanitary and you will be fine. Also you haven't been sick since age 10 and he's been sick every year so you have been fine years that he has been sick so if he does get soemthing at some point (not because of the dream tho) than you will still be ok! Hope this helps!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I just had a dream the other night that my niece was sick all over the house. She v's quite easily and I always get nervous when she stays at our house, especially when she comes downstairs to where my room is.

I had a horrible dream last night, I was going to start a thread about it but then I saw this one and I thought I would add. I also dreamt about my brother v* but in my dream he was addicted to heroin and had decided he was going to go 'cold turkey' at my parent's house. He gave us this loaded gun and told us to shoot him dead if he begged us for drugs and then he just got into bed and waited for the drugs to get out of his system. Obviously it got really bad and he started v*ing terribly and I couldn't stay with him. My parents had left and I was the only one helping him but I couldn't help and I just kept screaming at him to get away from me. He ended up v*ing in every recepticle in the house! Man, it was horrible. My brother doesn't even take drugs.... what an upsetting nightmare that was. It makes you feel horrible when you wake up doesn't it?

I recently had a dream where my brother in law was v* on an airplane and my sister was comforting him---patting him on the back and saying, "You are okay--everything will be fine." I was on the same plane and saw this and was PERFECTLY OKAY seeing it!!! I was shocked! I think this was a good sign for me because in the past I would have awoken a mess! I vividly remembered the dream as I woke up and continued to be fine with it. I think my subconscience mind was calm and helped me to remember all that I have working on in therapy.

Well, my brother did not get sick last night, but that's certainly not saying he wont.

Ugh, according to him, this boy in his class, Sam, threw up this afternoon. He happens to sit next to Sam in just about every class. Sam was also in the same room as me and my brother yesterday for a few minutes. He had his piano lesson after mine and my brother's. I don't think any physical contact happened, but still.

And also, my brother washes his hands only when he takes a shower, which is about once a weeks at the most, but I'd not be surprised if he put gloves on his hands or something to make sure they didn't get clean. I'd never dare ask my brother to wash his hands, because if I did, he'd probably just lick them and stick them in his mouth.
    -Anna

Guess who's sick?

Benj is. Thank god he's not throwing up, though. He's got a fever of nearly 101, and a cough. Yesterday he ate loads and loads (that's typical, though), but looked kind of tired and out of it. When dinner rolled around at first he didn't want anything, so my mom sent him upstairs. I started freaking out, and my dad told me that if I was going to act like that, I could go up to my room until morning, and since it was only 7pm at the time, and I probably would have ended up jumping out the window if I was stuck in my room, I managed not to run out of the house screaming. After a few minutes, though, Benj came downstairs and ate dinner. I was very relieved, but still nervous because of the dream and the kid in his class throwing up.

Anyways, he went to bed at about 10:30pm (normal time for him) but a bit later when I was in my room I thought I heard him make some sort of noise, so I ran into my closet that I sleep in, shut the door, listened to my headphones, and read. Problem was now, that I really needed to go to the bathroom, but I was too afraid to get up and walk into the bathroom with him getting sick, or something, or just find out he had been sick. So I held it to the morning. I didn't really sleep all that much the rest of the night, since it was also super cold. I woke up early but stayed in my room until about 8am or so. Then I went downstairs, and Benj was watching TV, and only had a fever, still.

So yeah, I really hope he doesn't throw up... You can't have two bugs at once, can you? Like a URI/fever, and stomach bug?
    -Anna