Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I am just curious has anyone actually cheered themselves up while v*

I am asking cause while I am a emetophoic I also have depression which sometimes I can actually chase it away with something funny so I was wonder if you were v* if it could be the same thing.

Default Re: I am just curious has anyone actually cheered themselves up while v*

Honestly, when you are v*ing you just get on with it. Whilst it's happening, so many other things are going through your mind that you actually end up not being scared. That's what happened to me in June, anyway. (I don't want to generalise and say it's the same for everyone). It was the "Oh my God, is it going to happen again?" thought that made it worse for me. Think about something that makes you happy. In-between bursts of v*ing, I looked at photos of my rabbit and talked about her. It really helped. My boyfriend also distracted me by saying "Aw, wouldn't it be lovely to go to New York next year?". You get through it no matter what, just remember that.

Default Re: I am just curious has anyone actually cheered themselves up while v*

When I vomit, while I'm panicking, I tell myself (in my head obviousy) that I'll be okay and that it'll be over soon.

when i got sick in may with the sv i sat with my dog and watched Tangled twice in a row and it wasn't too bad... i mean, it was terrible, but not THAT terrible... asddasjasdlfjal; i dont know how to describe it

eek now i feel like i just jinxed myself to get sick, like i just told my body, "go ahead, she said it wasn't that bad!" or something
    Last edited by katherines6; 12-24-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: augh i scared myself

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I try to think of something funny while im v*ing, and a few times I have even laughed (in my head) at myself while doing it when thinking of the horrid noises I am making...I find if I try to find humor in it while its happening im able to get through it w/out being traumatized.

Yeah I do remember that everyone was in a panic last time I vomited and I wonder if it transferred to me and became Emetophobia. My dad was giving me pepto bismol and water and I kept vomiting of back up. I have a pale in my room incase I get sick.

I dont know if its the same thing but when we last had a sv we had to take my daughter to hospitak for dehyration. I had d, my husband was v, but we were trting to cheer her up so we were put in an isolation room and were acting like ckowns just to get her to smile, but we both felt dreadful ourselves