Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default how long does is take for you body to reject 'old' foods?

I'm always afriad that my body will wind up rejecting certain foods if i havent eaten them in a while.
    Like how vegetarians/vegans can v from accidently ingesting meat/dairy or like if you eat healthy and then eat junk food. Im always terrified of this and am worrying it'll happen to me. I dont really eat 'healthy' exactly but i cut out all fast foods and most junk food and hardly ever eat candies or sodas and no one in our house really eats 'salads' or fresh fruits/veggies. So since i dont really eat these often, im starting to worry that it'll make me sick when i do. :/ today i had a safeway doughnut (plain glazed) and it wasnt too satisfying but shortly afterwards i felt almost kinda sick feeling. Im not sure if it was the actual doughnut or maybe the guilt of me eating it (since im trying to eat healthier) but yea.
    "Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul."
    -Max Ehrmann

Default Re: how long does is take for you body to reject 'old' foods?

I think that vegans get ill from accidentally eating meat because a) meat is hard to digest (I'm pretty sure it takes different enzymes in the digestive system), and b) it's the disgust factor for them.

I don't think eating junk after a period of eating healthy would make you sick. You might get stomach ache or nausea or a headache or something from the blood sugar spike from eating something sweet. You might even get the runs from eating too much fat if you're not used to it. But I don't think it would make you vomit because you can digest it all fine.

Getting sick from eating healthy food like salad and stuff is unlikely...cuz your body CRAVES that stuff and you don't even know it. I am on my journey to eating vegan because of the health benefits...I watched a documentary called Forks Over Knives. I am hoping it will get my digestive system back on track and at peak health! I pray it works!

I think like this too...like if we go out to dinner and have fairly rich food, I think something will happen because my body isn't used to that. I have heard on here about people eating rich food or greasy food, etc and not feeling well. Also, if you watch Survivor at all, they all go sooo long without food and then they get burgers or pizza or desserts. I wouldn't be able to do that!!! There must be some logic in that, even though I know that is extreme.

I was a vegetarian for over ten years. When I started eating meat again I'd have certain meals feel harder to digest, but never once did my body ever reject anything I ate.