Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Therapy :)

Default Therapy :)

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I really feel deep down that I'm getting better! I just wanted to tell you this all because it means there is hope. Before I thought this would be with my forever but for the first time in my life I'm seeing an end.
    I have just started therapy, and it is somewhat cbt/desensitization therapy because my therapist is constantly talking vividly about v*ing and what not. At first this made me very anxious but towards the end of the week I already started to see it working. I am only on my second week and though I"m still anxious, I feel stronger. The other night I woke up nervous and while in the past I wouldn't be able to sleep again, I actually slept and accepted the fact that I may or not be sick.
    It's all in our minds, and it's hard work but just keep telling yourself "I'M OKAY!" and "IT'S GOING TO BE ALRIGHT" and "ITS NOT THAT SCARY" and one thing my therapist told me that really really helped, is that if I survived it as a kid, what makes me think I can not survive it now. It happens, it's over, and then you feel better.

I'm still not there yet, but I just wanted to update everyone on this little bit of good news. Good luck

-Cait

Default Re: Therapy :)

Great news! Good luck to you too!
    emetophobia shmemetophobia! -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Therapy :)

You know, I feel the same way about my therapy. I wasn't sure it was CBT until I asked my therapist if she did CBT and she just looked at me and said "Yes, that is what we are doing" So just knowing that this is what the goal is such a "lift" off my shoulders that I can some what function again!

So glad you are on the good path!!