Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb just some suggestions for the site! ^.^

Hi there everyone ^.^
    okay, im am totally stupid when it comes to computers so i dont even know if this will be possible haha, but i just have a suggestion.
    i recently joined a new support group (not for emet, for ocd. i dont need a new emet group haha i <3 IES!) and i really like some of the things they have available. like one thing is you can send these things called "group hugs" and all the messages show up on the bottom of the main page, you can just scroll down and view them, and they have positive, encouraging messages from people on them, and you can chose an icon like a smiley face hugging another one, or a good luck smiley face, or a smiley face holding hands with another one that says "i'm with you!" on it. i just thought that was really sweet ^.^ you can also send individual "hugs" to people on their profiles.
    another thing i liked on there was how they had something where there was a really happy smiley, a happy smiley, a neutral smiley, a sad smiley, and a really sad smiley, and you click one to tell everyone your mood that day, and then you type a small little "status" type thing under it, so you can say things like "im having a great day today!" or "merry christmas everyone!" or something like that so that everyone can see how your day is going or just your general message to the group at large.
    anyway, i hope you take my suggestions into consideration but even if you dont id just like to say that ies is an AMAZING site. the people are so great and nice and everything is run so well, it almost feels like a family on here haha

well, have a nice day everybody!!!

p.s. if you want to see what i was talking about above i could send you a link to the site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: just some suggestions for the site! ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by katherines6 View Post
    Hi there everyone ^.^
    okay, im am totally stupid when it comes to computers so i dont even know if this will be possible haha, but i just have a suggestion.
    i recently joined a new support group (not for emet, for ocd. i dont need a new emet group haha i <3 IES!) and i really like some of the things they have available. like one thing is you can send these things called "group hugs" and all the messages show up on the bottom of the main page, you can just scroll down and view them, and they have positive, encouraging messages from people on them, and you can chose an icon like a smiley face hugging another one, or a good luck smiley face, or a smiley face holding hands with another one that says "i'm with you!" on it. i just thought that was really sweet ^.^ you can also send individual "hugs" to people on their profiles.
    another thing i liked on there was how they had something where there was a really happy smiley, a happy smiley, a neutral smiley, a sad smiley, and a really sad smiley, and you click one to tell everyone your mood that day, and then you type a small little "status" type thing under it, so you can say things like "im having a great day today!" or "merry christmas everyone!" or something like that so that everyone can see how your day is going or just your general message to the group at large.
    anyway, i hope you take my suggestions into consideration but even if you dont id just like to say that ies is an AMAZING site. the people are so great and nice and everything is run so well, it almost feels like a family on here haha

well, have a nice day everybody!!!

p.s. if you want to see what i was talking about above i could send you a link to the site.
    I used to frequent a site called dailystrength.org where you could send hugs to each individual's profile. It was neat and a nice pick me up if you were having a crap day. Same with the emoticons/status....come to think of it, that's probably the site you are talking about.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

lol that is the site i was talking about!!! how funny! xD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

do administrators view the posts in this section to see site suggestions?