Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default West end production.

My other half bought me tickets to see Matilda in the west end, I went along reluctantly, worried about the scene with the chocolate cake. Got to the scene, had a panic attack and ran out. He then text me to say scene was over and it was the interval, I walked back in but the second I sat down started to panic again so we left. I now feel so guilty and embarrassed, he wasted all that money taking me to see it.
    Has anyone managed to sit through all of it?

Default Re: West end production.

I am always afraid to make big plans or buy tickets for this reason....I am so sorry that happened to you

Really sorry you had a hard time. I had this sort of thing happen a lot when my anxiety was really bad but I do think it's important to not give in to it and to keep trying to go to things/ do things outside of your comfort zone. People always say it gets easier the more you do things and i never believed it but it is actually true. Please don't let it scare you from doing similar things in the future.

Thats the thing, I haven't been able to go to the cinema for years, I love the theatre, I'm so worried that it will be the next place i won't be able to go

I often get anxious when I go to the theatre to see shows (funny, I also perform in a lot of theatre, and I never get anxious on stage...) but I always force myself to stay. Kam is right, the more you do things, the easier they get. So next time you go, if you get a bit of anxiety, try and stay there through it. Every time I get anxious watching a show and make myself stay, the easier it gets. The last show I saw, I got anxious for a minute at most and managed to talk myself out of it. It does get easier
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.