Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default prove you dont always catch the bug!

Hi there..

hope your all ok..we are all clearly in the clear..stay strong..

Right i just want you all to know that we are not doomed when there is someone in the house with a sv*

Ok..few months back my mum and dad had one..which is so unlike them..they havent had one in 15 years as they are adults..and as adults we do not get as meny as people think..only if you dont wash your hands after the loo ect..

Anways i did the panic bit for 2 weeks like we all do and i was ok..now this must have been a powerful sv for my parents to have got it..I stayed in my room and went to work and washed hands and i was fine..

My sisters 17 weeks old baby had a sv last week..then about 12 hrs after her husband got it..My other neice is always catching it from others who have it..but by massive suprise she didnt catch it..and nor did my sister..now ask your self that one..they was in the same house and everything..

See we are not doomed..stay clean,make your own food,try and distant your self for a few days,take your multi vitamins and your be good to go

all the best for now and stay strong..its almost summer x

Default Re: prove you dont always catch the bug!

Thank you Harmony I love reading posts like this because it just makes me feel better that I am not doomed to catch it !!!

Hey Cazamoon..

Your ery welcome..i love reading theses kind of posts to.thats why i thought id share what ive learnt..weeks and mths and even years running up to the last few weeks i always thought id be doomed to..but i can promise you we are not..since i courght my last sv* of my neice 3 years ago i thought id always be doomed so have always stayed away when shes poorly..dont get me wrong i still wont go round there when shes got a sv* but the last few weeks ive learnt that you wont always get it for some strange reason..Im glad its made you feel better stay strong!

It is great to know that we are not doomed. I know this first hand as my husband had it last month and we only have one bathroom and I came out "clean"! I try to use this to remind myself that since it was in my house, I was doing the right things so when I am out and about if I continue to do what I did, I am more likely to be fine. We can all do it! Just have to hush that emet part of our brains!!

It is funny though isnt it that the emet side of your brain even saying we are not doomed to catch it the anxiety and fear is always there sometimes at the back of your mind then suddenly it will be at the front and your in panic mode again and all you have learnt seems to go LOL

I love this. I think back when I was about 12, I had to stay the weekend with my brother and his wife. I remember my sister in law was sick with a sv*, then my two nephews, then my brother. I was FULL OF PANIC. I called my father and mother to come home and they had to work. I just say on the corner of the couch with my germ x using it every 4 seconds. I thought, "oh no, i'm going to get this sv*." My sister in law and brother are not the ones that liked to wash their hands, either. So she would give me a pillow SHE laid on and i remember I turned it around and laid on it. I just used my germ x all night long. LUCKY, i didn't get it Just wash..wash..and wash. Always hope my fellow hero's.