Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Any easy means to sleep?

Yea, I have delayed sleep phase syndrome and I always end up a vampire... How can I sleep? I hate sleep, I don't get tired.I'm on promethazine and that doesn't do anything at all for my sleep

Default Re: Any easy means to sleep?

Have you tried Melatonin? It's cheap and natural, unlike the prescription you are putting into your body!

Well, melatonin in direct doses can cause complete dependability

Does dependability mean addiction? I pretty sure melatonin is a naturally occurring substance in your body so I think you would be ok. If you don't want to though, magnesium is good for falling asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by MarrickFait View Post
    Well, melatonin in direct doses can cause complete dependability
    This isn't true. Melatonin is something that is produced naturally by your body.

But not in gross amounts. If that were so, I'd need no supplements. I meant mental dependability. If it work and I'd stop, my body wouldn't function correctly

all you would be doing is replacing what your body has a deficiency of. It's no different than taking vitamin supplements when you need them. Promethazine is WAY more dependant than melatonin would be. Not sure what kind of "fix" you are looking for if the thought of supplements isn't up your alley. I am pretty sure there's no "surgery" to fix insomnia.
    Do you exercise? I am a runner and ride horses and have NO problem falling asleep at night and staying asleep for a full 8-9 hours. Of course, you CAN become mentally dependant on exercise, too

*laughs* I don't even know what type of answer I was looking for so I apologise. Vitamins seem to screw with me. I do exercise, but if my heart rates increases above 120, nausea settles in. Hmm, yes, I am depended on promethazine. I'd exercise but, pulled back, acetabular larbrum tear, Tmj, wry growing hand stops me and doesn't aid sleep lol

Quote Originally Posted by MarrickFait View Post
    *laughs* I don't even know what type of answer I was looking for so I apologise. Vitamins seem to screw with me. I do exercise, but if my heart rates increases above 120, nausea settles in. Hmm, yes, I am depended on promethazine. I'd exercise but, pulled back, acetabular larbrum tear, Tmj, wry growing hand stops me and doesn't aid sleep lol
    Chiropractors are God in my eyes I have carpal tunnel and spondylolesthesis in L5 and a reverse curve in my neck, and my spine is beginning to actually twist. My chiro has alieviated ALL of my pain. Hope things get better for you