Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Some People Just Dont Get iT

Some people just do not understand that they should be considerate of others and be concious of not spreading the virus everywhere. An aquaintence of mine has 6 kids.....she is not in the least bit emetophobic, you cant be if you have 6 kids! Yesterday on her way to one of her daughters awards ceremonies, one of her younger daughters started Ving. She was concious enough not to continue on to the ceremony (which is better than what she has done in the past). Then she posted on FB that she was up all night dealing with 2 sick kids, so apparently one of the others caught it as well. She was talking about washing every piece of bedding they own and blah blah blah. Then she said that she and one of her other daughters were baking all that night too for a bake sale that her daughter was going to have at the yardsale this morning.So this girl has 2 puky kids and cleans up after them and then proceeds to bake food that she is going to sell to the public. I know this girl well enough to know that i wouldnt buy anything baked from her on a day when no one is sick. She is not a hand washer, she usually catches what the kids have because she isnt careful. She is about to infect most of the people that come to her sale today! In a few days there will be an epidemic of an SV in her town. What is wrong with people????? Common sense says do not have a yardsale when your kids are sick. They need you inside the house anyway. Certainly do not expose other people to the germs. When someone inmy house gets sick i quaranteen everyone. I do not let people come to my house, i do not let my kids go anywhere. I will send my high schooler to school because he is rarely exposed to the younger ones. If more people would be concious of cleanliness then outbreaks may not occur so often.
    FYI- the area to watch out for is in either oak grove, ky or hopkinsville, ky
    sorry but i just had to vent my frustrations about other people! I wanted to tell her not to do that but I was too late and I really havent talked to her in a while so i dont want her to get mad at me and tell me to shove it. Not that it would be a loss but that i dont like being mean!

Default Re: Some People Just Dont Get iT

That's why I never buy anything from any bake sale. Have you gently mentioned to her that she may be infecting a lot of people? Some people really don't know how things are spread.

i have told her before how things are spread. She either doesnt get it or doesnt care. She did put on FB tonight that her kids made $12.00 at their bake sale. that means at least that many people could be sick in a few days. i feel so bad for them!!!! I will have to find a way to tell her again how things are spread.

Wow that is scary. I know alot of non-emets who would be very annoyed at that behavior!

That type of behavior is very annoying. However, I do not think that all people will get sick because some people have stronger immune systems than others.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

that is SO annoying. i dont ever buy handmade food items at bake sales or anywhere else for that SAME reason unless their made by me or i see the person making them! publix and walmart have the packaged ones and thats the way to go for me ugh! rude and discusting -__-