Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How is IT really spread?

As usual I have been thinking about how the SV is spread. I know you have to ingest so many particles of the virus. But if that is true then how do the kids get it at school? I know that other kids have been around but unless they have V*d at school and then touched something with V on their hands how do other kids get exposed? I remember way back when i was in the 6th grade a SV was going around my classroom. Only 1 kid actually V*d in the classroom or while at school at all. How did the rest of us get it? I was one of the last ones to come down with it and i was sitting beside the kid that V*d, which i suspect is how i caught it. But we didnt used the same bathrooms (at least i didnt) and it was bouncing between girls and boys.
    Another incident was when i was 18. I was at a wedding. Went back to our hotel to hang out and this one guy got sick the next day. He was V and had D really bad. Then we talked to my oldest brother who had been at the wedding as well and he had the same problem. I think one other guy caught something. First of all how did it only affect men, no women got sick. And how did it affect these 3 particular guys? They are all from different states and didnt know each other. They didnt associate or anything. The reception was at someone's house so i thought maybe it was because they used the bathroom. But....the homeowners didnt get sick, and we ALL used the same bathroom.
    So how is it really that the SV is transmitted? how many particles of the virus do you have to ingest? Do you really have to be around the V to get it or be around the D?

Default Re: How is IT really spread?

Okay, first half.
    Kids at school, one person vomits, everyone within approximately 15 feet of the kid that v*d and/or the v* is now at risk because they have particulate exposure. If the kid did not wash hands properly after v* then the kid now becomes a carrier. Everything the one kid touches is infectious. Door handles, desks, everything. Gender has nothing to do with it; immune system strength, however, does. Some immune systems are much stronger than others. Perhaps yours was more developed. Once you pass it on to one other person, the effect grows exponentially, but you get the point. I believe cruise ship noro is a good example to relate this effect to.

The wedding one required a little more thinking. It sounds like it was fp* more than anything else. But if they used the bathroom, that makes me suspect that one of them didn't wash hands perfectly and left it around. Noro is a tricky little bugger that tends to hang around for 5-7 days unless killed by an outside source (such as lysol, or wet ones). Back to point though, since you all used the same bathroom, I'm more inclined to believe fp*. All said and done though, if it was sv* and not fp* then it's just a game of roulette to see who would get it.

I got sick with the sv this past January. I wasn't around anyone that was ill, hadn't heard of anyone being ill and apparently was the one that brought it home. It absolutely HAD to have been from a restaurant I ate at the day before it happened. I was at a baby shower in a neighboring town and I remember the waitress that began taking care of us suddenly wasn't there anymore.... I don't know, maybe I'm over analyzing. I did use the bathroom there, but washed my hands really well... I think it was on the food somehow.

Whenever I've gotten the sv it has been out of the blue. I didn't know of anyone who had been sick. Whenever I have been exposed and have been really on edge about it, it doesn't happen. So the way it's transmitted has always confused me as well.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Usually I have caught it from someone in my own house, although there were sometimes when it could have been caught in the house or elsewhere....the bug was rampant. It's hard to tell where you got it from sometimes. As far as how it's spread, I still believe the official sources (CDC, etc) that it is spread through v* and d* particles of an infected person. It just seems more contagious than that because it only takes a small dose to get sick.