Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default just need to vent

I am constantly on edge. It all started this morning when I read on Facebook that a friend who lives in my town has what sounds like the sv*. I go to embarrassing and stupid lengths to figure out if one is going around. Get this...I called our urgent care place which is like the ER and asked if there is one going around. It`s like I like to put myself through this crazy worrying. Of course she said yes. Why can't the sv take a rest?!?! It's summer for heaven's sake. It's like we can't catch a break this year. I am so tired of this stupid phobia taking control all the time. Sorry for the rant! Just get sick of it sometimes. Does anyone else go to great lengths to find out if it's going around? So stupid I know!

Default Re: just need to vent

Oh do I know how you feel! And of course, I soon as I saw your line about the ER said yes, I freak out and wonder where you are! It is a vicious cycle! I always ask 20 questions when it comes to people saying they are sick. I see someone talk about their kids being sick and I freak, I try to sound like I care, and yes I do, but I will do anything to find out if it is stomach related!

Would you like to know where I am? I didnt tell on purpose.

Um, yes please

in South Carolina so I'm a good ways from you--I know it's so hard to ask even though we want to know