Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hand Sanitizer Recall

Isn't hand sanitizer supposed to KILL bacteria? So how can it be recalled due to bacterial contamination???

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/06/28/hand-sanitizer-recall-kleenex_n_1635156.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

I think from now on I'll just use good old soap and water unless running water is nowhere to be found. Ugh!

Default Re: Hand Sanitizer Recall

I assume it's one of those bacteria that hand sanitizer doesn't kill. Benzalkonium Chloride IS the active ingredient, which means it kills noro, but I'm sure it doesn't kill everything or we wouldn't use alcohol based sanitizers anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Hand Sanitizer Recall

You're obviously right, but if it doesn't kill everything, then it doesn't really protect me, so soap and water is much better I think because that scrubs everything off your hands if done properly. I think we get a false sense of safety using hand sanitizer, which is quicker and easier than finding a bathroom in public, but are we really as protected and "clean" as we think we are?