Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Taking medication

Hi,

I have shingels and have been perscribed Aciclovir anti virals for it. I got them last night but I am scared to take them.
    The common side effects (more than 1 in 100 people) are nausea and v*. My husband does not understand because I am refusing to take them.

How do you deal with this?
    Has anyone else taken this medication?

I just don't know whether I should take it or not, it is really stressing me out. I would rather ride out the pain and discomfort of shingles than put myself at risk of v*. Husband says I am being silly and irrational.

Help!!!

Default Re: Taking medication

I haven't taken this medication but any time I have to take something that might make me nauseated, I always take an antiemetic 1/2 hour before whatever I'm supposed to take. Check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure this is ok to do with this particular medication. Keep in mind too that nausea is a possible side-effect of everything, even antiemetics!!! They have to list it even if ONE person reported experiencing it.