Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do weird colors ever make you feel sick?

I know it sounds weird but sometimes if I think I'm nauseous and see something that's the color, say for example, a gross orange or something it'll make it worse because maybe I once saw someone v that color or sometimes I will find myself unable to eat something that is a certain color because it will remind me of v I saw once, which makes me feel like if I eat it then I will v. This is only in my head right?? And am I the only one that does this? I feel the same way about smoothies or pudding or anything else that might possibly look like v

Default Re: Do weird colors ever make you feel sick?

Kind of. I don't like light pink because it's the color of the antibiotics I had to take many times during childhood. A dark orange reminds me of v* and sadness, so I avoid it, but don't feel sick.
    Many years ago a boy v* and I saw it. It looked like sweet rice, and I never eat sweet rice again. Just talking about this makes me feel sick, urgh.

What happens with me is avoid using clothes I used when I v*. I swear that I could feel the v* in the shoes I was using.

About you, you should remember that the v* was, lets think, orange, because orange is a mix of all the things the person ate, it doesn't mean the person ate something orange that made this person sick.

I'm sorry this didn't help you, but it's all I can do.

Actually that did help me I am pretty bad about obsessing over what clothes I was wearing and stuff usually shirts is what I care about

Colors have never bothered me unless it also has a weird texture and bad smell. I work in fast food and we have to dump the grease traps every night, which are the things that catch the grease and random pieces of meat off the grill. Seriously, even the non-emets I work with find it nasty! It used to bother me a lot, but the boys always laugh at the sound it makes when they dump it or when they almost fall because they slip on drops of it. This just makes me laugh and puts me at ease.
    It doesn't bother me much anymore unless I'm already not feeling well.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I`ve never liked orange much, because when I vted as a child, it always seemed to be that colour.

Ew I work in fast food also I know how that is its mostly the smell of the old grease that bothers me