Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scared I have sun poisoning...

I went swimming today and I am probably over reacting but my shoulders, half of my back and arms are sunburnt. No blisters, no peeling (yet), but I heard that having sun poisoning can make you v* which is why I am worried.

I am a little n* (but I always am)... not sure if I have it or not. I put aloe vera on it. It still burns but it's not unbearable. I have had sunburns before but I was little then. Ugh can someone reassure me please?
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Default Re: Scared I have sun poisoning...

I got sun poisoning, and I didn't v*. It did make me nauseous, but you can fix that by drinking PLENTY of water! When I had it, I basically am very tired, weak, and sometimes a bit nauseous. Keep putting aloe on it and just drink lots and lots of water and you should be fine!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I have gotten burned twice this summer (so bad for my skin... Ugh), and I did not v*. I definitely had some increased anxiety which = nausea, but I think it's because my skin felt so hot, which triggers anxiety & panic in me. You will be fine. An anti-inflammatory helps (I took Advil, and like everyone has said, lots of water. The main thing is that it just makes me feel drained.

Thanks guys that makes me feel reassured. I have applied so much aloe on it and ice. I definitley feel drained and tired. Skin is hot and a bit painful. I hate that I didn't put sunscreen on. I had a 20 minute panic attack just awhile ago and I always feel a little bit better after having one. I just hope that when I wake up tomorrow it will be a little better. I have plans tomorrow and can't be s*. The sv* is going around here pretty bad so I have stayed inside but the ONE time I get out for 3 hours and go swimming I burn and hate myself afterwards. Will work on drinking more water (scared if I drink it, it will come up). UGH EMET SUCKS.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~

I was quite badly burned once, and was fine. Drink plenty of water. You'll be okay.

Last time we went to Cape May I got really sunburned (back, shoulders, neck, face, everything!) but I didn't even get n*. I applied loads of Aloe, and tried to stay in the shade a bit more and it was all okay.

Thanks it's the second day and I do feel better, I have been all day knock on wood. It has gotten alot better! I don't have sun poisoning but the painful skin makes me tired but I have felt fine. (:
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~

I got sun poisoning once in Arizona when I was 9 because my cousin babysat me and it was 116 degrees out and she didn't put sunscreen on me and we swam all day! I got horrid blisters and couldn't wear any clothes for 2 days. I did v* but I was so young and severely burned! Other than that I've gotten sunburn lots of times but never v*d.

Stay hydrated, and use aloe vera. Lotion will work as well. Try to sleep a lot.