Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: FREAKED

Well so much for spring doing away with sv's. My nephews had a stomach virus, gave it to my sister, who gave it to her husband....from what my sis says it was awful....the boys got sick on thursday afternoon, my sis got sick last nite and her husband this morning......i have not seen her since last sunday, my parents were over there on wed, when the boys were exposed at the baby sitter, so logic would say they would have been sick by now.... i saw my parents today so i am freaking at that, but here's the kicker, my gf works with my sis and was around her the day she got sick....according to my gf she feels fine and and dandy, what do you guys think? will it be ok? i was just sick like a month ago ugh i dont want it or have my gf get it........this blows

I know what you are going through!! My neighbor and both her kids had the sv starting on Tue her little boy had it, she started to get it Thurs night, and her daughter got it last night!!! I was over there everyday except for Thurs and Friday. I have been in a panic for almost 4 days now thinking I am going to get it!! It just plain sucks!! I think that even if your parents did end up getting it, they weren't showing any signs when you were over there, so your chances of getting it are quite slim. Just try to take it easy, I now how hard it's not to worry, I really don't think you are contagious until symptoms start. Try and relax, I am sure you will be fine.

Michele

thanks michele!! i often wonder when it becomes contagious durin symptoms or before...i worry for my gf i really do

where do you live, emily?

NEW YORK HOW ABOUT YOU

I am in Michigan, and it is worse now than it was all winter!! I too wonder when it is really contagious. I don't think it's airborne, so it would have to be after symptoms start, since it is transmitted fecal oral route. Like if someone v* or has d*, then someone is helping them and they touch the stuff, and they might wipe their face, or if it is on any surfaces, cause you didn't wash good enough and you touch it then touch your face. That's supposly how it spreads, but it makes me wonder, cause my neighbor said she disinfected everything with bleach and lysol, and her family got it anyway. And her son got it from school, and 11 kids were out sick with it on Tue. Maybe people just don't practice good enough hygenie?? I know I try too!!

UGH THIS IS JUST NOT WHAT I WANT I UST HOPE MY GF IS OKAY

Im freaking out. I am almost suicidal. I cant believe whats happening here. I live in Michigan like michelle. I am actualy in the same city right now. I want to die today. I hate that I feel like this!

I'm in Colorado. I'm not sure if it is really "going around" or what. My family has had it, but other than my dad, no one knows where it came from. My sister's started a week after my dad, so I'm not sur eit came from him. I know my grandma didn't get it from my dad or sister, but most likely from the hospital she works at. It seems like it is all over the country! Hopefully this will be the last bout of it before the summer.