Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Wink OT: thanks to our friends in the UK!

Just a quick shout out to our friends in England for doing an amazing job hosting a wonderful Summer Olympics!
    The facilities look absolutely gorgeous and I've especially enjoyed the segments that highlight the fascinating history behind certain venues. The opening ceremonies were interesting and highlighted the quirky UK humor and the games themselves have been nothing short of compelling. I'm sad it's going to be over tomorrow but am looking forward to the closing ceremony as i expect that it will too be amazing. You have set the bar high for Rio in 2016.
    You have an amazing culture and such a beautiful country.....can't wait til I can vacation there again!
    Thanks for the last 2 weeks!
    Jennifer
    Last edited by jmoore10; 08-11-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Typo

Default Re: OT: thanks to our friends in the UK!

I've been watching!!! Went to the opening ceremonies. Brought to tears it was so beautiful. Gonna miss rootin for USA. Oh well. Sochi here we come xD

Default Re: OT: thanks to our friends in the UK!

Wasn't only England that hosted the games! Cardiff, my home city hosted the first event of Olympics and further ten football (soccer) matches after that! I was lucky enough to be around to take in some of the atmosphere.

Kind of happy the Olympics are over in a weird way, just to feel some normality again.
    Last edited by jet1550; 08-12-2012 at 08:51 PM.