Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panic attacks....

A lot of times we will be going about our day and then something subconsciously sets off our fear trigger, makes us feel ill, and creates the all too familiar, all too frequently occurring episode of a panic attack.

My question to you guys, is how often, on average, do you experience panic attacks on a daily basis? Do they occur randomly or do they carry on a pattern with certain places or circumstances or triggers? If so, what are those triggers? And when you're having the attack, how do you respond? (Ex: do you try to escape to go be alone? Do you try to remedy it by doing something? Etc)

Thanks guys. I go through about 4 a day, and its really annoying bc although I can deal with it at home, I get them in class a lot and it feels 10x more intense to deal with when I'm in a room full of people...
    My YouTube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Emet Blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Panic attacks....

I have only had a few true panic attacks in my life, and none of them had to do with v*, interestingly enough. I have anxiety-type responses to v* to be certain, but not full blown panic attacks.

The first time I had a real panic attack I was 18 (I am now 21) and in Russia for the summer studying abroad. We were in Moscow for a weekend and at a restaurant (my whole program - about 20 students + our supervising professor), and at some point I guess our prof asked if anyone wanted anything besides beer to drink. I totally missed this and when they brought out our drinks I was like what? I can't drink beer etc... and someone told me he had already asked if we wanted water or anything, and I just got super upset and had to step outside, took me like 10 minutes to stop crying and breathing so erratically I was afraid I would v*. I haven't really any idea what brought that on.

Few others, but more notably, I had unexplained violent bodily jerking (literally, as if i was having a seizure but conscious) one night last year... they chalked it up to a med interaction... I had to stay in the hospital for two nights; it was so bad I was literally leaping off the bed as if they were shocking me with an AED. I couldn't walk because my legs would kick involuntarily. Even after a med adjustment I would get these attacks when I got super stressed out. Apparently that's how my body deals with extreme anxiety now. Not panic attacks, but generalized myoclonus. Go figure. (Disruptive to be sure, but interestingly enough fixed with the same drugs that you would take for acute anxiety.)

I am very glad that I do not get them on a regular basis. I am so sorry for those who do.

Default Re: Panic attacks....

1 year agoI had beenexperiencingpanic attacksthat alwaysresulted infainting, mostlyin public places, as well ason a date once. It was humiliatingand incredibly dangerous. So i usedmedicationalthoughsoon the effects wore off. Searching1 day I founda brief video and decidedi'dgive it a shot. the technique worked instantly! Because i'mnotscared and knowi canhandle any attack, the attacks went away.

check out the short video at makeanxietygoaway.com and take your life back