Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Tag people like on facebook

So, I just had this idea. I don't know if it's possible, but what if we could tag people when we want them to read a random post, like we do on facebook? It takes a lot of time to check every post to see if someone has posted something that interests you, or replied an idea. For example, Cynna (I don't know if that's how I spell the name) agreed with me, weeks ago, and I didn't know because if I had to check post after post made after my post, I read many things that don't interest me.

What if we could do something, like:

I agree, Ana Bellini!

When someone writes Ana Bellini, I receive an email.

Anyone likes this idea?
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Tag people like on facebook

That isn't a feature of this forum, Ana Bellini. Most people also don't know how to use the tagging function or use it incorrectly. Tagging is to put messages into categories, so if a message is about the norovirus vaccine, you can tag it that, and then by clicking on the tag, you can bring up other posts about the norovirus vaccine. Too many people use useless tags like "help, daughter, support" that no one will ever need to bring up with a search like that.

See how it works right now. Click below where it says "View tag cloud" and then click on one or more tags. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

That's not really the kind of tag she's talking about. Similar, but not quite.

I know what you mean, Ana, but I don't think it's a feasible idea for a forum.
    Come visit my history blog:

I think at the very least, you should get a little notification in your inbox that says "X Person posted on your thread titled BLANK" because I never know when somebody's responded either, I just have to keep checking to see..... I don't know if the tagging is necessary, but I'd love to be updated on whether or not somebody posted on my thread I started.
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend

I think you can do that, Rosie, it'll be in the settings somewhere.
    Come visit my history blog:

[QUOTE=RosieRoo;428506]I think at the very least, you should get a little notification in your inbox that says "X Person posted on your thread titled BLANK" because I never know when somebody's responded either, I just have to keep checking to see..... I don't know if the tagging is necessary, but I'd love to be updated on whether or not somebody posted on my thread I started!

You can set it so you recieve emails when someone responds, but plans on having your email flooded!

I wish if someone replied to a thread you started, it popped up as a notification through this site (like the friend requests do) rather than 3646734565 seperate external emails

yeah the email bombing gets annoying.... I wish it just told me on here, like the Facebook thing, a little red flag in the corner, you click on it and it says for example "Lulu commented on your thread: Tummy troubles" and then you should be able to click on the notification and it'll take you to that comment in the thread. it'd make things a lot easier, I think, but maybe that's just me.

I agree, Rosie. I was so annoyed about receiving 20 emails a day that I stopped receiving them, but now I have no idea when someone answers my threads... I liked the idea of a red flag, you cold have one next to "quick reply" you click on it, it gets ready, and you receive notifications only when you want to.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

or like, on the top when it says "notifications" instead of an inbox it should just be updates on who commented on your thread or who replied to your comment. I've got the emails going right to my delete box. The notifications should be optional, only if you want them. I know I certainly do.