Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Areas that are more prone to norovirus?

So I hear a lot about norovirus being all over Michigan all the time. Anyone know of any other places that have a lot of outbreaks?
    More specifically, anyone know about the Dallas, TX area?

Default Re: Areas that are more prone to norovirus?

Outbreaks occur everywhere at all times of year regardless of what season it is or what the location is. Chances are outbreaks are as common in MI as they are anywhere else. Perhaps you just hear about certain ones and then do not hear of others.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

agree with the above poster ... outbreaks can happen anywhere ... obviously crowded areas are more pronoe to outbreaks so places like NYC, Las Vegas, cruise ships, Nursing Homes, schools, college dorms ... but there is always something "going around" regardless the time of year ...

I know overall, there is a very bad Influenza strain going around this year that can cause n* & v* but it's more of a respitory thing ...

Just keep up with your hygiene and you should be fine.

Yep, common everywhere and at all times of the year. I suppose that they seem more common in winter when people spend more time indoors and that could account for a higher infection rate (more people being crowded together inside than in summer I suppose).