Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I think I'm sick. Need to talk

I don't think I have SV. But I've been feeling off for a couple of days. Today my throat and cough got worse. I went to run some errands and grocery shop cuz I was completely out of food. But I felt hot and weak. Really didn't feel like shopping. I put everything away then I've been in bed since. I feel feverish but no fever. My face is killing me. I had a horrible sneeze attack earlier that lasted about 10 minutes nonstop. I ate an ice cream then felt queasy. I haven't ate all day. No appetite. I tried to snack on some sunflower seeds but they made my stomach turn. I've taken all the medications I can right now but I can't get rid of the queasiness. I'm so scared its gonna make me V. I always get queasy with a cold. But I haven't been sick in a long time. What can I do? I'm even wearing the sea bands.

Advice please

Default Re: I think I'm sick. Need to talk

I know how you feel. Whenever I have a cold, I feel very queasy - my sore throat always puts me on edge and I usually wake up in the middle of the night feeling quite sick. It won't make you v*, you just need to take it easy, don't move around too much. Drink lots of fluids because I promise it really helps not only the queasiness but the throat + cough. Stay away from ice cream because all that does is thicken any mucous you have and will probably make you feel unwell. I hope you feel better soon, I really dread being sick but keep in mind that colds don't make you sick like that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I knew something wasn't right. I've been sleeping a lot lately through the day. Which I don't normally do. Today was just really bad. I really don't feel like drinking anything either because of the queasiness. I just got my second glass of water. My stupid cat jumped up on my nightstand and shoved her face in my glass. I didn't move it. Then my other cat came and stuck her paw in it. Cats are such brats. Right now my nose and face are what hurts the most. And the nausea is giving me anxiety.

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably be up awhile. At least till I calm down. It just sucks feeling bad at night and no one to talk to.

I can relate to your situation. I've been sick with a cold (or flu?) for the last few days, and it has made me queasy. I've been worrying for the past couple days that I might have the SV, since my cousin was feeling sick when I was at his house a few days ago.

I suggest that you try your hardest to keep hydrated, and just take it easy. You're not going to get sick.

I emailed my doctor like an idiot. Then I realized last night we didn't get a tree last year we used a fake one. But the two years prior I was sick the moment we put a tree in our house. But once we took it out and I cleaned up everything I was fine. This is going to be a horrible month.
    Thanks you guys

Are you worried that the same thing will happen this year?