Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default panicked, sorry I've been posting everyday lately :(

I've been sitting in Starbucks literally all day studying for finals, and I've had A LOT of coffee (I had a cup before I went to Starbucks, and then a large cup there). I'm a big coffee drinker so I wasn't worried about how much it would effect me. All I had to eat this morning was a piece of toast with butter on it, and then at 4 I finally bought a turkey sandwich. As I was studying (after a million hours, it seems) I started to have this feeling of impending doom. I couldn't concentrate AT ALL and I started getting super anxious and n*. I had to leave. So I left. I've calmed down a bit but I'm freaked out as to why that happened. Also, I drank some water but it wasn't purely water--I've had a cold and I've been putting this emergen-c type stuff in it (something I got from a health-food store...) so I'm thinking it's a combination of coffee, a lack of pure water, not eating and then stuffing my face really quick, and stress from studying for finals. help :/

Default Re: panicked, sorry I've been posting everyday lately :(

Sounds like my day, yikes. I had weird side effects from coffee this morning and made myself eat a late lunch and now I feel nervous and nauseous too.

But you're probably on the right track, just caffeine overload, dehydration and lack of food. Just slowly try to drink some pure water and to relax just close your eyes and take deep, slow breaths. Do that a dozen or more times and see how you feel. It usually helps me at least for awhile snap out of anxiety because then I can think clearly for a moment or two. Or half a moment but I'll take it.
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

finals suck!! hope you've calmed down as well. I think it was also sitting in one spot for too long that made me go crazy haha now I'm home and slightly calmer. Got some fresh water in my system. thanks for the reply

You're welcome! Are you almost done with your finals? Maybe when that is over too you won't be stressing about that.. the perfect storm of anxiety-inducing things! I get claustrophobic sometimes in Starbucks and coffee places in general, haha. They are kind of a place if you stay there too long, you lose your marbles a bit.

I feel ok but have to go work in an hour. So I'm nervous about that but physically I think I'm doing ok... maybe it was just the sudden eating and still weird residual effects from the caffeine overload earlier, ha. Hoping so anyway! Trying to be positive now even if doing so basically makes me want to rip out my hair, bahah.
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

I have 2 more to go, and they're my worst ones :/ that's why I'm majorly stressing!!!

I'm glad you're feeling better! are you a student?