Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New

Hybrid View

Default New

Alright, i just registered for this site so im a newbie. I am 16 years old and have been suffering with this for about 10 years. I never used to have it I remember once my two older brothers had a stomach bug and they were up all night vomiting and so i stayed up with them i was so calm and honestly never cared but then like a year later my mum told my brother to eat his tomato on his plate and when he did he made such a horrid sound and started vomiting it was horrific, thats when it started to affect me. The when I was about 7/8 i vomited at about 2/3am because i had to much tortilla chips and that was the final straw from then on i was absolutely terrified that it would happened again. When someone mentions that there about to vomit i cant help but literally move away from them so fast its like a tick. One my brother said he was going to throw up in the leisure centre and i literally ran outside and was about to run away i was so scared he did end up vomiting and we had to take the car home so i just put my earphones in and closed my ears tightly. I honestly hate this phobia its controlling my life i heard that when you have children and they get sick the phobia goes because its a different relationship with kids but im still scared, i havent told my family or friends because it is honestly embarrassing and i know for a fact my brother would make fun of me. Im happy i found this site because this time last year i thought i was the only one who had this phobia.

Default Re: New

Hi. Welcome. This probably belongs in one of the general sections. Not too many check out this part of the forum.

You are not the only one. There are others. Sounds like you got a mix of being scared to be sick yourself and scared of others doing it.

I freak when others do it. I have 2 kids. I have managed ok with them so far. If someone else does it, I will run over someone to get away.

So young. We have quite a few teens on here.

LOL its good to know that im not alone then

Hi and welcome to the forum! My name is also Rachel by the way!

I'm like you, I despise being sick and seeing others be sick. But it's mostly me being sick myself. Stick around, there are plenty of wonderful members here that will support you!
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"