Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default freaking out right now. so n*

So, the whole reason i started back here again is my boyfriend had a tummy bug from Wed night til Fri. I didnt come to spend the weekend til yesterday . He said he cleaned the bathroom, but i guess we know how boys are.
    We went to a newyears party tonight and it hit me there. I got d* and sm super n*. Ive taken to dramimine but theyre not helping much . This is definitely NOT MY ANXIETY. This is going to be a long night.
    greatway to start 2013, huh?
    Sorry if my typing sux. On my kindle
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Default Re: freaking out right now. so n*

Really sorry to hear that you're bringing in the new year under such circumstances. Remember though, not everyone t*u* with a stomach virus.

Just try to stay calm (much easier said than done) and drink LOTS of water and eat small, bland meals.

Best wishes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Let's freak out together. My Skype is always available to those who need someone to talk to! My username is SnugglePuff78.

Thanks. I had a HUGE dinner, so I was freaking about that. . . but I think it's all gone the right way because my stomach feels empty and a little hungry. Fingers crossed! I had to take 2 immodium to make th car ride home, I wish I didn't. I'd rather things flush through that way. I don't usually ever v* with viruses, but tonight I had 3 pretty tough waves where I've come closer than I had in a long time. I kept stepping outside and rolled down the car window, the cold air makes me feel so much better. I took 2 antivert and am almost feeling like I may be able to lay down soon. Almost. Maybe. I can't sleep when I'm n*.
    -Jenni

Hi there... Hope you're feeling better. I'm having the same problem! This is actually my first post on this site and Im so happy I came across this. Terrible SV going around... My daughter v* Friday and I've been up all night every night since then. I had some serious waves of n* since then mixed with anxiety. We left a NYE get together and I felt so sick when I got home. I too, had a large meal. I took a zofran but my best friend took them consecutively after HER daughter v* and still v* for 6 hours straight. She told me her husband got it today (almost a week after her) which made me panic. I thought I was maybe in the clear.

Hope you were able to get some sleep. I totally understand losing sleep over n*...everything is scarier at night.

Are you feeling better? Able to sleep? what is antivert? Is it an antiemetic? I hope it works for you. Sounds like you know how to handle yourself and make yourself feel better. Good Luck! Praying for ya!

Around 3:30 am my stomach started growling and feeling really empty, and I was actually hungry! That made it easier to lay down and I finally fell asleep around 5am. I feel about 85% today - no bathroom events but still a bit queasy. I had half of a plain bagel for breakfast, a lil bit of coffee and a few saltines all day. It was really bad for about 5 hours, but I never V*ed.
    It didn't feel at all like my anxiety - I was definitely sick. I credit the quick recovery to the 2 gallons or so of Grape Juice I've chugged the last two weeks. I read on Pinterest that drinking a glass or two of 100% Welch's grape juice keeps your intestines an unfriendly enviornment for viruses. That plus a multi, C and B complex, and acidiophilusvitamin every day, too. So about 2 hours of D* (I did take Imodium to make the car ride home), 5 of mild to moderate n* (no DH* or gagging). My Bf V* for 2 1/2 days. I win.
    -Jenni

I love hearing stories like yours...makes me hopeful that my preventative actions will be successful as well. I am glad you are feeling better!

Last time I had a sv* I ate en entire plate of Chinese food a half an hour before had it (I was not feeling myself when I did eat it and I should have known better) but I did not v. That gives me a little hope that I can conquer anything, haha.

I've NEVER been hit with something so fast, or had it clear up so fast. Usually when I get the sv* I'll have d* and then be off for DAYS. I felt completely fine all day yesterday. Cooked a big dinner for me and my bf. (He got some Omaha steaks and 2ce baked potatoes for Xmas, made those with string beans). I completely pigged out. When we got to the NY party around 9 I felt fine. Drank a whole Red Bull, and ate like 4 cookies. Played some beer pong (we play w/ water, and I don't drink), then suddenly around 10:30 or so my stomach started hurting like I had to poo. While I was waiting to get into the bathroom I had such a rough wave of n* I actually went outside for some fresh air. I ended up having d* 4 times before we left right after midnight, and a few more waves. I felt REALLY sick in the car and had the window open. I read somewhere that cold air helps and that was SO TRUE. If you feel green and it's winter get outside in the air. Cleared me up every time!!

My b/f fell right to sleep and I stayed up dittling on the computer until about 4ish. By then I just felt really hungry, and today I feel almost completely fine! I am taking it really easy w/ bland food and broth today.
    -Jenni