Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Height and Weight

So, some of us have had eating disorders in the past. Some don't want to eat because are too afraid of getting sick. I'm curious. If you want, share your height and weight. Also, tell if you are glad with your body.

I start:

Height: 5,4'
    Weight: 124lbs.
    I want to loose 14 pounds, but my parents won't let me.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Height and Weight

I have seen your pics. You are beautiful. You are a good weight.

Your body is still going through changes. You body need a lot of nourishment to accomplish this. There is no reason to diet. Be happy with your body, you look great!

I am about the same height. I am much bigger than you. I weigh more than you but less than 2 of you. I need to start exercising again. I have PCOS. My body does not process carbs well and works against me. Throw genetics and stress in there and .....

My mom spent most of her life worried about her weight. She was never happy with herself. We had the exercise wheel, exercise bike, step counter, and the Richard Simmons tapes. She tried all sorts of fad diets. She finally found success with Weight Watchers. They teach you that you can eat anything you want, but cannot always have anything you want every day. I wish I could afford to get back on the program. It is a healthy way to learn how to loose weight.

I want to teach my daughter to be happy with her body. I want her to love herself. I wish the other girls on here could love their bodies. I wish I could love my body too.

I'm 4'11, and weigh 112lbs. I'm fine with my weight and body but not so much about my height. Oh well.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

I am 5'4, 107ish pounds.....I looked better being 3 pounds lighter.......my legs are flabbier! I just need to exercise. I am not afraid to eat

I'm 5'9 110lbs. I'm a bit under weight and would like to gain about 10 pounds.

I'm about 5'4 and 111lbs. I'd like to loose about half a stone. Nowadays I don't worry that much about eating but a few years ago I hardly ate anything and was about 85lbs. I didn't realise I was skinny until I put the weight on and now I feel too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
    I'm 4'11, and weigh 112lbs. I'm fine with my weight and body but not so much about my height. Oh well.
    I too am short like you same height and should be that weight. I am currently 171 lbs...not so thrilled with my body, but was 190 so I am slowly going down the right path. I started to gain weight when my father died 7 years ago. I was about 140 when he died. Would love to get back there as a primary goal. I was once down to 119 when I was like 20 but got there cause of a situation that depressed me which is why I wasn't eating

Ana, I don't think you need to lose ten pounds at all!

I'm 5'7" and 114 lbs. I'm usually that weight but about 2 months ago I was 122 and I felt and looked really great at that weight. I lost almost 10 pounds after a breakup and would like to get back to about 120! In the past I've had major problems with refusing to eat due to fear and getting dangerously thin, so I feel like it's an accomplishment to be able to keep on weight.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i'm 5'6 and 130 lbs......my friends think i'm skinny.....i'd feel better if i lost about 6 lbs......i was up to 170 due to a miserable marriage several years ago......went down to 110.....way too skinny for me.....

i don't have emet issues with eating......but have sort of developed an eating disorder......obsessed with counting fat grams, carbs, etc.

i'm 61 years old.......do we ever get old enough to not worry about our weight?????
    how i feel about emet

I'm 24 years old. I'm 5'2 and currently 190lbs.

I've been as low as 120, and my healthy weight is actually closer to 140. I was 220lbs at the start of last year and dropped 30. I plan to drop another 30 this year, maybe more.

I'm comfortable with how I look and I love myself, I'm more concerned about my bad back

I don't have any emet issues with eating either.

You may find these links helpful!

Right now I'm 5'4 and 150...I'm trying to get back to 120. Ever since I had my daughter 4 years ago I have been this heavy...before her I was 111 lbs!

I'm 5'1 and hovering around 103.
    I like to be around 95, but starting the ring has made me insane with hunger. I'm a pretty lax exerciser, my resolution is to stick to a workout schedule - already delayed today by this bug! ew. I don't care so much about the #, if I was working out regular and had more muscle I wouldn't mind. But right now it's all gut and muffin top. A lil dieting is WAY cheaper than buying all new jeans.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I'm 5' 4 and fluctuate between 105-110 lbs, depending on whether my emet and IBS are acting up. I've been pretty much the same size ever since high school. Emet does affect the way I eat and ultimately the way i see myself. I've had emet-induced anorexia since I was about 14 and still struggle to this day. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but if I feel like I'm getting too heavy, I will knowingly "use" my emet to stop eating until I get to a number I like.
    I love the way I look, especially my face and hair, but absolutely hate my legs. When i was in high school, my then boyfriend knew i was insecure so his pet name for me naturally became "thunder thighs.". I've hated them ever since.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

I'm 5'3" and 163. I have lost 51 lbs since last Christmas. I would like to get down to 140 again. My doctor said he'd be happy if I stopped at 150. He had to go there and remind me of my age. I don't have emet issues with food either.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica1649 View Post
    I too am short like you same height and should be that weight. I am currently 171 lbs...not so thrilled with my body, but was 190 so I am slowly going down the right path. I started to gain weight when my father died 7 years ago. I was about 140 when he died. Would love to get back there as a primary goal. I was once down to 119 when I was like 20 but got there cause of a situation that depressed me which is why I wasn't eating
    Phew! I thought I was the only one haha. for some odd reason, I've never put on or lost over 5 lbs for a very long time, no matter how much I eat some days. When I felt bad back in August, I only ate like one thing a day for about 2 weeks, terrible I know, but I never lost any weight.

The only time I dramastically lost weight was when I had my last SV* several years ago which lasted a lot longer than it should have, and I lost nearly a stone. I put it back on very quickly tho, had quite a lot of McDonalds when I was feeling better lol
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

I hate this game, but it is a good interesting post. I am a heffer, at 5'4" and 205 pounds. When my emet took a huge turn for the worse in 2009, I lost 60 pounds and went down to 130. That was the same weight I was in high school. I got married in 2007, I was 150. But I quit smoking but I couldn't give up the soda. That is my problem! And now, I am trying to work on it...slowly working on it...not really winning, but trying!

I'm 5'2" and about 115-120, it fluctuates. I am happy with my body. If anything I'd like to be more toned. When I was working full time and my depression was at it's worst I was about 90 lbs. I'm always scared I will go back to that weight. My emet effects how I eat, it actually plays a huge part in my diet, unfortunately.

I'm 6'0" and usually around 145. I went down to 125 when I completely cut out alcohol last year, but I've been drinking a lot lately (anxiety), so I gained it all back. Ideally, I'd be at 130. That's when I felt happiest with my body. I'm very tall and lanky with a naturally slim build, and all of the weight I gain goes straight to my torso, making me look a bit odd when I'm carrying extra weight.
    "I'm not saying that I know what I want. . .
    But I know what I don't, don't want to rot in my room. And never know what could have been, believe what everyone else tells me is true."

i'm a midget at 5'1", and weigh 99 pounds, which is a healthy weight for my age and height, but i've had a history of eating disorders and being way to thin. the sickest was at 13, i was 4'9 and was only 61 pounds. no way do i want to go there again, but lately i've been wanting to be a lttle thinner again, maybe if i was around 92 pounds. even though that would be too thin :S

Well everyone knows mine!
    5'6-7 and 114 pounds. Thanks for all your advice on my other thread Ana! Your such a delight

And slowly but surely I am becoming more confortable with my body. Its a working progress

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBn83 View Post
    I hate this game, but it is a good interesting post. I am a heffer, at 5'4" and 205 pounds. When my emet took a huge turn for the worse in 2009, I lost 60 pounds and went down to 130. That was the same weight I was in high school. I got married in 2007, I was 150. But I quit smoking but I couldn't give up the soda. That is my problem! And now, I am trying to work on it...slowly working on it...not really winning, but trying!
    "I hate this game" lol!!!!

Don't call yourself a heffer lmfao!!! The best thing about what I learned about weight loss is you have to be patient...don't make it your number one thought of every hour of every day...when you do that it doesn't come off...I kinda did my thing and put the thought to the back burner and its worked better for me...if this makes sense....

Well, I am....but my problem is? Yeah, I only eat once or MAYBE twice a day...I forget to eat. I hope that this will get better once I get onto a day shift. These second shifts are killing my day! I have been on second shift for 10 years now...I am ready to be done!

JellyBn83 -I found switching to seltzer (naturally flavored, no artificial sweeteners. ew) helped me get off the soda last year. I LIVED on CocaCola, now I drink maybe 1 or 2 a week. It's as good as drinking water, but feels WAY less heavy with the bubbles! It's also hella cheap!
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

But what flavor? I don't know if I could do non flavors

Maybe lemon or lime for the seltzer? At my old job they had a lot of perrier both flavored and non flavored, and the citrus flavors tasted good!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I will have to give it a try! I used to add it to cranberry juice to have the bubbles and a juice I can drink. But then I was getting the sugar from that! Ugh, just so hard, you know? My parents never had to worry about me with eating disorders because of my fear of getting sick and love food TOO much NOT to eat it!

33 yrs. old, 5'6-7, 124 lbs. I lost almost 30 lbs last year. I had to cut waaaaaay back on my alcohol, lol. I also do 300 ab rocket crunches five days a week, which helps, as does my active job.

Skittles gotta get you calling yourself a dwarf or a little person. Midget is a bad word over here due to prejudice during the Worlds Fair and filming of the Wizzard of Oz. Here is some excerpts from Little People of America. My son is a dwarf

Little People of America (LPA) defines dwarfism as a medical or genetic condition that usually results in an adult height of 4'10" or shorter, among both men and women, although in some cases a person with a dwarfing condition may be slightly taller than that.The average height of an adult with dwarfism is 4’0, but typical heights range from 2’8 to 4’8.
    What is a midget?
    A: In some circles, a midget is the term used for a proportionate dwarf. However, the term has fallen into disfavor and is considered offensive by most people of short stature. The term dates back to 1865, the height of the "freak show" era, and was generally applied only to short-statured persons who were displayed for public amusement, which is why it is considered so unacceptable today.

Such terms as dwarf, little person, LP, and person of short stature are all acceptable, but most people would rather be referred to by their name than by a label.

I'm 5'2 and weigh about 97 pounds I lost a lot of weight the past 8 months due to this emet. I would really love to get up to 110 I look soooo bad now I'm way too skinny. A few years ago it got extremely bad and I was like 80 pounds and I never ever wanna go back there and I was so close this time too :/

I'm 5'5 and weigh 99 lbs with clothes on. I've always been naturally thinn but my emet has gotten worse lately and I've lost about 7 lbs in 3 months. I've been working really hard to gain it back but it's a lot harder than it should be :/ I constantly have to hear comments from other girls about how skinny I am and they act as if they are jealous of me. I hate it about myself though and calling me skinny hurts me just as much as when someone who is overweight is called fat. Sorry about the little rant. This is a really sore subject for me And I know how you feel Ashely26