Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Going on a cruise

In December, I'm going on a cruise to Hawaii and I keep worrying about Norovirus. I keep hearing on the News that norovirus is spreading on ships and I heard that a ship had to dock in Galveston to be sanitized and I'm just really worried. I'm only 16 so I have no choice in the matter though it would be nice to go to Hawaii.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Going on a cruise

Hi, Ive been on 2 cruises and the first one I had a wonderful time and didnt think about it, the second one it had been in the press and I spent the whole time in panic barley leaving my cabin! try to keep calm, very unlikely it will happen! think about how many ships are out each week and how many have actually been struck by this! keep up your hygiene and you will be fine! most ships are very aware of this now and much more careful!

Try not to read about it before you go and get your head in a good space!

Its the anxiety that threatens to ruin it for you not noro...so work towards that!

I did some hypnotherapy recently to get me through a driving holiday and it worked wonders in the short term!

I've never been on a cruise - for many reasons. However, it sounds like Lindsey has given you some good advice. It could be fun and Hawaii would be great.

My uncle works on a cruise and he has never caught anything. He just makes sure he ups his hygiene whilst he's on board cruises are actually very clean. You also have to put things into perspective...there are loads of cruises, and we only hear about a few with norovirus outbreak. It's just the media clinging onto anything they can!!! X

I went on a cruise 3 years ago and I was nervous becaues I knew Cruise ships were notorious for Norovirus and my mom actually had the stomach flu the day I flew out of Cleveland so I was worried I'd catch it from her and it would ruin my trip or it would start on the flight and that made me nervous. Anyway, I went in January which is a peak time for the stomach virus and I didn't hear of anyone being sick while on the ship or see anyone get sick. Not even sea sick. I think you will have a blast. I loved my cruise. I would go again in a heartbeat. It was one of the best weeks of my life. My husband and I and his family had such a good time together and there is so much to do. It was fun... once you get there keep yourself busy and there is sanitizer all over the ship especially near the food buffets and stuff. You will be fine!! Go and have a blast.

Proud of you for doing this. I read a story about a ship that had to dock recently. It made it sound like the whole ship was sick. In realty it was a very small percentage that were sick. You chances of geeing sick are very slim if you wash your hands regularly. Have fun