Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile OT: Birth control Pills

I know this is off topic but am feeling really bad today. I've been on Microgynan 30 for 8 years now and have missed pills before with no spotting and bleeding and normally when it comes to the 7 day break it takes a good 2-3 days before my period starts. But i forget my pill yesterday and woke up today feeling unbelievably tired and headachey and started breakthrough bleeding earlier this afternoon. This has made me quite anxious as this doesn't happen and now am just feeling really bad- so tired an headachy and heavy headed.

Has anyone had something like this happen on birth control? Do you think I should see the nurse or wait another few cycles to see if it goes back to normal and mention it at my checkup?

Default Re: OT: Birth control Pills

I think we need a female section of this forum. Lots of BC and cycle questions.

I have not been on BC forever. I do not remember too many details if I missed a pill.

I know if I am worried about something I will stress and stress about it. Long story short, if you are worried, call the nurse line. It may give you the peace of mind needed.

I think that's probably because it seems this phobia seems to hit more women then men for some reason and periods do major things in your body. Damn hormones.
    I'm hoping this headaches gone by tomorrow. It's moving down my nose now.

Get an ice pack that doubles as an eye mask. Best thing ever. If not, try putting a bog of frozen veggies on your eyes.

Sinus issues? My sinus/allergy/asthma gets worse during my cycle and one of my preg. Hormones, I guess.

I've only ever had spotting once while being on the pill. I skipped my period for the month while I was hiking for a week. About 2 weeks after skipping it I started spot bleeding up until I got my "real" period (taking the white pills). Basically I was bleeding for 2 and a half weeks... that's my only experience with this, not sure if that's of any use to you. Your hormones are constantly going haywire but especially when you breakthrough so that would definitely explain why you'd be so tired and have a headache. It sucks but take it easy. Sometimes the best thing to do is just do nothing even though we are all busy and have things to do. Don't push yourself
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.