Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Just Curious

Default Just Curious

Ok, so I have a general idea on this whole noro* situation but I wanted to see if I'm actually right about it..

It is not airborne and can only be contracted via feces (V* and/or D*)
    If you wash your hands and don't touch your face you should prevent yourself from catching it
    If you're living with people who happen to come down with it, you can avoid catching it as long as you maintain good hygiene

They're basically what I wanted confirmation on, the reason I'm asking this is because my sister goes to University and I've overheard a few people Could have noro so I'm a little cautious atm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Just Curious

Hi Joe,

Yes, those facts are right but you can also catch the virus from touching something that someone has touched with contaminated hands and then eating or touching your mouth.

Default Re: Just Curious

Quote Originally Posted by emet-ana View Post
    Hi Joe,

Yes, those facts are right but you can also catch the virus from touching something that someone has touched with contaminated hands and then eating or touching your mouth.
    Yep, this is true. It also can be caught if someone v* right next to you and you get the v* particles on your mouth/nose/eye and this will contaminate your clothing as well so you have to be careful to wash your hands after touching any surface near where someone has v*. Those particles settle within minutes, though, so you don't have to worry about them if you come across a "mess" by someone else that has been there for a few minutes. Or if someone is sick in the bathroom, wait about 5-10 minutes and it'll be safe to enter.