Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sick person handled my food?

Today at school we had to make food. Someone who was sick with the sv* was in charge of making toast. He washed his hands before he made it but I'm still freaked out that I might have caught something. He also sat right next to me when we were eating

Default Re: Sick person handled my food?

He was sick yesterday and for the past 3 days by the way. He seems fine today.

Hi Holtkm,

Hopefully if he washed his hands properly you'll be okay. Try drinking some Concord grape juice (e.g. Welch's) or taking grape seed extract capsules.

If you have anti-emetics then you'll be fine even if you catch it

Smile Re: Sick person handled my food?

Did he have fp or noro? If the instructor made him wash hands, then your chances should be near zero. Washing hands properly stops the spread of the virus.

One member is a big fan of pepto. It has an aspirin derivitive so if you are under 18, then there could be a reyes syndrome risk. There are other anit emetics out there in the drugstore (dramamine/gravol, benadryl)--Remem some that get noro only get d... and not v.....

Try to get your mind off of it. Try to concentrate on your homework or play a computer game. Breathe.
    Last edited by Cynna; 01-24-2013 at 10:19 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

If he washed his hands well you should be in the clear. Don't worry too much. Besides, if he was sick for three days it might be something less contagious than noro (usually last a shorter time).