Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: scared

i work 7 am to 5 pm and i woke up today usual time around 10 after 6 to get in the shower and get ready for work...etc.. i was so dizzy, it continued as i got ready and on the way to work i started to get really nauseous...now i feel all nauseous..the dizzness died down a bit...im just very afraid i am getting sick..im at work all day..what can cause dizziness like that? has this ever happened to anybody?

Actually, that is exactly how I feel today as well. Hang in there and just try to stay calm and not talk yourself into feeling worse.
    \"This too shall pass\"

im just hoping the dizziness is not a precursor to something else...what could cause dizziness...it just seems with me i get dizzy before i get sick with anything really a cold , a flue etc anybody else like that?

are you sure it's dizzyness, and not jsut a head rush or something? Because when i get up, and im very tired, my head goes all fuzzy!!

i think your nausea could be just nerves, i'm not sure. is there any pills/medicine in your cupboard that you could take to make you feel better? Try sipping a glass of water, it might help [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

How did you make out at work? Are you still dizzy? I get that way when I wake up, at times its because of my neck because I slept in a wierd position.

im at work so the extent of my medicine taking has been coffee

you may be right though it might be a head rush..im very fragile in the morning.. i get nauseous easily

i just have yet to develop an appetitie and usually by now i have one...couldnt it be like low blood sugar or something?

Maybe you have a little inner ear infection... you could take a motion
    sickness pill, it works for dizzyness etc otherwise, go to the doctor n
    ask about stemitil.. hope you feel better!!! xxxxxx

i just need to got o the dr been putting it off

I was like that a
    couple days ago when I was having trouble with IES. The dizziness and
    the nausea may NOT be connected, so bear that in mind. The dizziness
    can be from getting up, especially if you had a restless sleep, and the
    n* could be from over tired ness and anxiety mixed together. It could
    be a whole concoction (sp?) of things.

How do you feel now? </font>

im ok the dizziness or light headed ness or whatever has not bothered me since this morning i ate some lunch...im just thinking maybe my body is having a hard time with the long early hours

I have vertigo, so to not bring on an attack, I always make sure I get up a half hour or so before everyone esle so that I can have my cup-o-tea and wake up slowly or else I get very dizzy. I also find heat tends to bring it on as well.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I wake up before the alarm alot like at 530 or . the alarm goes off at 545 and i snooze til 610. i laid in bed and snoozed as per usual. but when i got up it was like boom dizzy it scared me maybe tomorrow morning i will try sitting up slowly