Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

<H3>Not sure if you guys are aware of this...I found it on www.phobics-society.org.ukand I thought it might be of use to some of you.</H3>

How are you all doing? I'm sorry I've not been around much but I've been having hypnotherapy sessions and writing up my dissertation for my masters degree and as such have had little time to spend in here.

Missed you guys so much but please update me on your progress...

Love Chloe x

(PS Have taken out the V word!!)
    <H3>New emetophobia support line</H3>

NPS has launched a new emetophobia phone-in support service for its members affected by emetophobia (v* phobia). The service runs every Tuesday evening from 7-9pm. For further information contact NPS on 0870 122 2325
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

wait, what does NPS satnd for?

Where is that based out of??

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I found http://www.telecounsellingcanada.com and it has an emetophobia support forum too.

Thanks for tha, bourne! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

does anyone know of a support line in America?

Hello Chloe,

I have just joined here tonight. I am beyond desperation now. I have had this phobia about V**** and S*** for as long as I can remember. It has always been severe. My other half had food poisioning a few years ago and at 3am I drove 15 miles to my mums house so I could be away from him. Years before that I was in a minicab after a night out with friends. One of my friends was very drunk and was burping and felt S***. Another friend told the cab driver to pull over. At this point I had the car door open and went to get out of the moving car. My friend had to pull me back in and slap me round the face to calm me down.

Now I have two lovely children. A boy who is 3 at the end of this month and a new daughter aged 8 weeks old. My little boy felt S*** on Friday night and I was here on my own so I called my mum and she came round to help me. He wasn't S*** and seemed better. Anyway, early hours of yesterday morning he was crying in his bed. My other half carried him through to our room and on the way in he did it. I don't even like talking about it. We have a wooden floor. I don't want to say anymore about that as you must know what it was like. I ended up sleeping downstairs as I couldn't be in the same room as I was so scared he would do it again. My partner had to take the day off work to be here incase it happened again.

Now....... I just want to pack a bag and leave! Please don't think I am a bad mother and that I don't love my children. I would give my life for them but, the thought of being here again when one of them is S*** is just to much for me to take. I want to leave my children rather than be here if it happens again. I saw the doctor today to be refered for help but I'm not optimistic as I had phsycotherapy years ago and it was C**P to say the least. If I don't get help soon I will have to go as I have only had 4 slices of dry toast since Friday. I can't eat, I am that scared of it happening and worried that I will do it too! I have tablets from the doctor to take incase I feel ill. I don't want to talk about that either.

I need to talk to someone. I am so desperate I cannot explain it. If somebody told me I would do it at 6pm tomorrow night I would top myself before then rather than have that happen to me.

Please reply as I don't want to feel alone on this anymore.

Thanks for reading this xxxxxxxxxx [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Don't you worry youare absolutely not a bad mother.. I don't have
    childern of my own but a lot of people here do and they feel the same if
    not worse.
    Calm down and do what you got to do as long as your loved one
    understand u , you will be fine.

is this free? don't know if i could actually talk to someone about this...</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 153, 0);"><br style="color: rgb(51, 153, 0);">jen</span>

<font color=GREEN>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </font>

I've thought about ringing it but I am scared, aahh! What do I say? Has anyone else here rang the number??
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I'm with you Wintergreen22. Is there a 24 hr. support line for emets in the USA?
    \"Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you.\"
    1 Peter 5:7
    Pumpkin

Thats what I would like to know also!!!!!!
    All that we send into the lives of others,
    comes back into our own.

thats nice..but it looks like it's a international phone number

That phone number is a UK number....you may be able to access it from overseas by putting the international dialling code +44 in front of it, but it would be open 7pm-9pm GMT so don't forget the time difference.

I'd have thought there might be something in the US considering it's such a large country.

Hello everyone I'm new here, I can't believe there are so many people just like me.
    Well I'm in panic since yesterday, because a friend is v**** and i spend the last 3 days with him, hugging, drinking the same water, whatever. Now I can't eat, I can't study, I can't do a thing... He said it was food poisoning, but how can I be sure? He was ok until having lunch and until now i feel good (in spite of not having eat nothing since yesterday, because i am petrified...)I'm afraid of awaking up tomorrow like him, and i cant even worry about him and he's feeling very bad...i only think.. is it food poisoning or virus? I cant even move O.O
    My mother can't help me, because she had emetophobia like me. My father thinks I am crazy as well as my sister.. I'm here praying it is not going to happening. It's so stupid I became a religious person (I know its STUPID) everytime I know it could happen..

To the people who feel either like a bad mom or that their family thinks they are crazy. First I know in my heart you are a very good mom, because what you explain is exactly the same things I go through with a sick child. Second, you are not crazy, your family just doesn't understand the fear and frustration we feel. I want to know if and how anyone of you has gotten help and how I can get it too, school is just about back in session for the fall, that means my kids will probably be getting all sorts of "flu" bugs and bringing them home. So please help. Thanks