Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay, sorry if this turns long and ranty. I just got home from the midnight showing of District 9. The movie looked great, and I wish I could have finished it, but there is A TON of v* in it. I didn't see any cuz I kept my eyes closed but it sounds terrifying. I had to leave halfway through the movie cuz I was shaking and crying and so scared the main character would t* u* again.

DO NOT SEE THIS AS AN EMET UNLESS YOU CAN SEE AND HEAR IT WITHOUT WORRY.

I feel so bad, my bf left the movie cuz he was worried about me, and I was just waiting for him to come out. I'm so sick of this ruling my life, though it's never actually made me leave something before. I feel crappy. I just wish I could be like normal people and not so scared.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ahh! I wont see that for sure now! I can handle like once of twice even three times if its not really graphic but i think this would make me really uncomfortable especially since its in the theater and the sound has really been bothering me now that my anxiety is way up high

Thanks for the heads up, I was actually going to see it tomorrow. Ahh and it's so much worse when it's on the big screen with surround sound. I had a mini freak out recently when I saw My Sister's Keeper at the movies (it's only just come out here) and freaked out a little in the v* scenes - though more so the horrible sound effects of it!

My bf said that it was such copious amounts that it wasn't believable. But the sound itself threw me a loop. It's obvious when it's going to happen, there are loud tummy grumble sounds and other obvious hints when the human is gonna be s* and an alien gets s* after they ask if he's been drinking too much. But I left about 45 min in, so I don't know about the rest of it.

I'm so annoyed though, I completely LOVED what I saw of it aside from the v*. I really want to see that movie!!! IT LOOKS SO GOOD x.x

aww thats a shame u had to leave. but the sound can really be so realistic and even if ur not seeing it happen, it can conjur up very vivid pics in our imaginations. maybe if u can get it on dvd in the comfort of ur own home, u can attempt to watch it again. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Wow that's disappointing, I really wanted to see it. It doesn't seem like that type of movie judging by the trailers. What is it that makes them sick so much?
    'I am a sick man...I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I think my liver is diseased. Then again, I don't know a thing about my illness; I'm not even sure what hurts.'

Why was the character getting s**k?

Oh and don’t feel bad, I hid in the theater bathroom of the movie the Hulk (remake) because I was worried it would have a v***t scene. (This was back when I wouldn’t leave the house because of fear I would see it v***t.) Needless to say I have seen the Hulk since and it has NO v***t.

So basically I ran out of a movie because I thought there might be. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I don't want to ruin any part of the movie as far as WHY technically he gets s*, but they're doing a raid on the Alien District and they find some alien 'weaponry' and it sprays goo in his face. Then he slowly starts getting really out of it, not just t* u* but nails falling off and other ickies.

The alien gets s* in a quick scene where they just find one getting smashed.

ahhh i wanted to go to the midnight show! i'm going sunday, but thanks for the heads up. v* in movies doesn't bother me so much as irl, but i'll watch out for the scenes!
    You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.

My bf saw it last night (ALL THE WAY THIS TIME! :P)

He said that after he's at the party, he doesn't v* Again but he looks like he might so it may bother some. He told me about the rest of it and it sounds amazing, I cannot wait to watch it. I'm tempted to buy another ticket to the film and go in about 45min to an hour in to catch the rest of the movie!