Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need advice, stressing big time :(

So I got what I thought was food poisoning on January 30th which turned out to be a stomach bug.. And since then I have been even more panicky about getting it again.

Everybody seems to be getting the norovirus lately and I'm taking every precaution going, I don't even like going out. Someone at work on their week off got a stomach bug and she came to work Saturday and threw up but I didn't come into work until she'd left and made sure i didn't touch my face and washed my hands etc..

Last night, I was working with her but I haven't had my hands or anything near my mouth, she's recovered and we were leaving work and going to the room where we keep our coats and we passed the toilets where the disabled toilet door was wide open and there was an extremely strong smell of sick down the corridor.. My heard sunk and I went into panic

The cleaner was in and it looked like the toilet had all been cleaned from where I was stood, I didn't go in the toilet I just walked 5ft past the wide open door where i could only assume where it had happened.. Do you think I will have inhaled the vomit particles in the air? Or will they have settled sooner? I'm so scared! I don't want to get sick again.

Like mentioned, it did look like it had been cleaned when i walked past, the floor had been moped.. i don't know if it was a nasty smelling mop i could have maybe smelt, but me and my friend at work both agreed it smelt like sick and i just can't stop thinking about it I woke up feeling dodgy this morning but then i felt better after having some food..

Any answers so appreciated!

Default Re: Need advice, stressing big time :(

Didnt you post about this yesterday?? Honey you will be fine...unless you were directly inhaling some V or D the odds of you getting sick are slim to none. Sounds like you have great hygiene and have been taking precautions...Stop worrying it will only make it worse and in turn make yourself sick. Our mind is a powerful tool....dont let the irrational fear get the best of you!

Quote Originally Posted by XxLOVExX View Post
    Didnt you post about this yesterday?? Honey you will be fine...unless you were directly inhaling some V or D the odds of you getting sick are slim to none. Sounds like you have great hygiene and have been taking precautions...Stop worrying it will only make it worse and in turn make yourself sick. Our mind is a powerful tool....dont let the irrational fear get the best of you!

Yeah i did :/ just been stressing allllll day long! I'm trying to take my mind off it, did a bit of internet shopping! haha, but still can't stop thinking about it.. :/ argh stupid mind!

Retail therapy is awesome!!!! It really will be ok Your going to be just fine...Bet you dollars to doughnuts!!

Haha yes I love shopping! And I hope so! Feeling a bit more confident about it all of a sudden!

I think u will be fine Ahhhh i thought noro season was over now appears its not from reading your post omg :/
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly91 View Post
    I think u will be fine Ahhhh i thought noro season was over now appears its not from reading your post omg :/
    So did I! But I saw on the news cause march was so cold in England the number of cases increased again

Oh no yeah march has been freezing, april hasn't been too bad still a little on the cold side though...I hope we get warmer weather asap, i seriously can't cope living in constant worry
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So did I! But I saw on the news cause march was so cold in England the number of cases increased again

Yeah I know how you feel no idea why that post before posted twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophieeallan View Post
    Yeah I know how you feel no idea why that post before posted twice!

Really hope it slows down here, but apparently the weather is meant to be getting warmer soon, so fingers crossed!

Really hope it slows down here, but apparently the weather is meant to be getting warmer soon, so fingers crossed!
    Yeah me too constantly worrying I'll get poorly, or my boyfriend or my family, it's awful! I had some horrible cold the other week which I thought was a chest infection, but it was so strange because I went all n* and faint when I woke up ill terrified me!

I've been told there's hope for a heatwave this weekend though!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophieeallan View Post
    Yeah me too constantly worrying I'll get poorly, or my boyfriend or my family, it's awful! I had some horrible cold the other week which I thought was a chest infection, but it was so strange because I went all n* and faint when I woke up ill terrified me!

I've been told there's hope for a heatwave this weekend though!
    Thats not good :-( hope u feel better now.

I really hope there is! We need it