Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Might have been exposed... Need reassurance

Right... So I think I may have been exposed to the sv, and I need some other opinions to reassure myself. The anxiety is really killing me.

Yesterday after school I went into a bathroom, looked in one of the stalls, and saw what appeared to be a mass of toilet paper and *d. Rather disgusted, I went to the next stall and proceeded about my business as usual. While I was in there, however, someone else entered the restroom and began to urinate in the *d toilet. He commented to himself something along the lines of, "Eww... looks like *d in here, no... wait that's definitely *v. Gross, someone *v'd in a toilet and didn't flush it." At this point the unknown individual flushed the contaminated toilet. Having just coincidentally seen that one episode of Mythbusters demonstrating the toilet aerosol effect, I began to freak out a bit. I held my breath immediately after the toilet began to flush and left the bathroom as quickly as I could (which was about 15-20 seconds later), went to another bathroom, washed my hands, and rinsed my mouth.

This probably sounds completely insane, but I am actually afraid that if the toilet was contaminated with sv, particles of it may have been flung over the stall wall and gotten into my system.

To be clear, I am not certain that it WAS actually *v or even sv *d in that toilet, but my imagination is running wild. It's been 17 hours since then and I feel mostly normal I think. Any opinions?

Sorry if this is ridiculous.

Default Re: Might have been exposed... Need reassurance

Hey! Don't apologize it's not ridiculous at all! But really try not to worry too much! Regardless of what it was it could have been from all kinds of things! Someone could have IBS or if it was v* try could've been drunk or ate something bad. Even if it was from an sv* the odds of you catching it are insanely slim as its only airborne for a very small amount of time. Also you'd have to inhale a lot of the particles to actually get sick which you didn't. So I'm sure you'll be completely fine.

Thanks a ton. After asking a couple of people, everyone has told me that my fears are mostly baseless. So hopefully I'll be fine.

I really think you'll be okay.