Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Albuterol?

Default Albuterol?

I was prescribed albuterol through an inhaler for asthma by my doctor...she said the only side effect was potentially rapid heart rate for a few minutes; but looking online it says that nausea and vomiting are possible side effects and I'm freaking out! Has anyone had experiences with this drug?

Default Re: Albuterol?

I had to use that when I was 13, for bronchitis. I was nevous just b/c I hate breathing in anything that's not air, idk, im weird i guess.. But I did it everytime I was supposed to, and it worked wonders! I never felt nauseas from it at all. I really dont see nausea being a side effect... It just really helps you breathe easier! Dont be scared of it. Def use it when u have to!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

My son does not have side effects from it. I get a buzz/dizziness sometimes, never v. You are more likely to v if you do not take your med as prescribed and your asthma gets worse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

I have Albuterol and I take it as needed. I've never had any issues aside from the racing heart. Just make sure to rinse your mouth out afterwards like it says. If you don't it can cause problems, but not vomiting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

Thank you guys so much I figured it wasn't a common side effect (otherwise the doctor would've probably mentioned it) but it's really reassuring to hear it first hand!