Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Hey everyone , I need some advice :c

Hello everyone /.\ The dreaded 24 Hour stomach bug is infecting everyone at my house ( The children mostly). I am EXTREMELY emetophobic ( Afraid of throwing up )( I would rather die I say to myself sometimes). We happen to have only one bathroom and I'm on my period and I just can't live like this !! I'm drinking apple cider vinegar like crazy and washing my hands and using doctors masks and to top it all off my little brother threw up near my damn door.This is a nightmare for all of us I just can't take it!! What can I do to make sure I at least just don't throw up... (Hyperventilates).
    I'm seriously freaking out , I need some kind of consolation ,.. I don't like feeling alone :c , especially in these cases.. I think talking to someone would help a lot
    and some advice and reassurance is all I need ... I don't want to be sick /.\

Default Re: Hey everyone , I need some advice :c

I know its crazy scary and emet inducing, if it makes you feel better I made it through my brothers being sick a fair amount as a teen and honestly never got sick from their bug. Just wash hands like crazy, if you can use lysol spray everything down before use, and if no lysol use a bleach/water solution to sanitize surfaces etc. Other than that you're doing well with the precautions you've taken already!! I would always kind of avoid sickies by staying in my room. Would make sure I didn't go into bathroom within 20 mins of sicky, more cuz I felt better than any scientific reasoning about how long it takes for airborne particles to settle.

The good news is this will be over soon. These things never last very long and life will go on. Take deep breaths and distract yourself (music with headphones/ear buds) and you'll get through!!

Take Lysol in and spray everything about 10 minutes before you use the bathroom. Just because everyone in your house is coming down with it does not mean you will! Last year my daughter and I had it and no one else in our house (hubby and 2 other kids) got it.

Hope you're okay...I know it is frightening when it's in your house. I hate it too! Yes, keep your immune system up, eat some garlic if you like it, and wash your hands, don't touch your face with your hands...there is talk that real grape juice helps fight the sv. You could get some and give it a try...take care!!

Go to a friends house for the night. Thats what my big sis did when I got sick. Im lucky I have an older sister who has good hygene lol.
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears