Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Quite Anxious, MINOR Exposure...

Hey everyone, I'm really needing some basic "talking down" right now. So my emet is mostly under control now with the exception of the stomach flu. It's now coming to my attention that people surrounding me are coming down with it.

Anyway, was only with him for an hour, but my stepdad is recovering from the stomach flu. Was sick Thursday, but seemed better today but still not feeling 100%. He picked me up today and I was in the car with him for 15 minutes. He hugged me like 18,000 times, lol.

I was was super calm with him. But I'm now starting to worry. He was not vomiting, nor did we share any food or drinks. I have not been with him while he's been sick, at all, except for today for an hour tops.

I just need to basic facts... I'm shaken up right now with fear. Have the urge to ask him so many questions (Last time he was ill, all the basics), but I refuse. I can't go down that road again.

Thanks so much. This sucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Quite Anxious, MINOR Exposure...

If it was the Norovirus, which it probably was, you cannot catch it unless his fecal material or vomitus enters your gastric system... You're fine... just try reading an online book or lying with music.

Thank you. I'm working myself up & I hate it. I have this awful bloating from eating too much wheat & it's adding panic, even though I'm totally used to this shit now.

I'm having some morbid flashbacks back to my days of panic. It's also like I had an ephiphany that if I keep researching things on the internet (none of my results have beent the least bit helpful) that I will end up in that place again... deep breaths...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

What you did was probably reasonably safe. If he was not vomiting or having diarhhea when ou were with him, it would have been hard for what little is left of the virus to get transferred to you, where you would again have to ingest it. None of that is very likely. Let us know how it turned out for you, since so many of us are in this situation from time to time.

You're doing so well with this, congratulations.

It's really unlikely since you didn't share food or drinks with him, added to the fact that he doesn't seem to have been ill for a while, that you're going to catch anything from him.
    Come visit my history blog: