Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Iud insertion post pains need help!!!!

Hey everyone,

i am freaking out right now and I need your help. I thought I was in the clear after I got home from the hospital feeling fine. I barely had any pain, I was really hungry had a crazy appetite. I went under sedation because I was worried I would get nauseous after general anesthetic. This was my 3rd attempt on the iud and they suggested I get sedated for this one since the last two were painful and unsuccessful. So at this point I would do anything to get one put in, even if it meant going to the hospital, waiting around sick people, and getting sedated.

I just woke up it's currently 2:26am in Calgary AB, and my stomache feels off. I took my gravol just hoping it'll kick in soon because I feel nauseous. I am in pain in the down region and I am not sure whether it's the pain causing this sick feeling or if I caught something at the hospital. I am trying to breathe through it however I just keep having these thoughts running through my head. I wish I took vomiting lightly and didn't care honestly. It's ruining my life and I feel terrible for my husband that has to deal with my anxiety on a daily basis. So I guess if anyone can give me some comforting words of wisdom that would make me feel 100% better since you understand how it feels I just need someone to talk to...

Default Re: Iud insertion post pains need help!!!!

Hope you're doing better now! Are you taking prescription pain meds? If so, those can sometimes cause nausea. I just had surgery two weeks ago and only took ibuprofen. You might try that, just make sure you eat first.
    I'm almost 22 years old, married, and a college student.