Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Plumbing and Sewage

Our main line backed up last night. For whatever reason, I was tough enough to go out and investigate without wearing a full hazmat suit -- just some latex gloves. Pulled the cap off the clean-out and BOOSCH -- like a mini-volcano of you know what. While I can't say I tasted anything, the aerosol droplets are freaking me out. Neither my wife and I are sick, and we're the only ones living in the house.

After the plumbing was fixed (by a pro) we showered and I bleached the s*** out of the s*** around the clean-out.

I wonder if plumbers or city-workers who work in and around raw-sewage on a daily basis get sick. God knows I just flipped out upon being a few feet from it...

Any thoughts?

Am I doomed?

Default Re: Plumbing and Sewage

Definitely not doomed. A good portion of my basement was flooded with raw sewage this fall. My husband stood in the goop for hours trying to break the clog and he did not get sick. I am no plumber, but I think the vast majority of the poo is from your own home. I think you'll be okay.

Default Re: Plumbing and Sewage

Your own should not infect you. Your wife's does not have noro. Try not to worry. As long as you did not ingest it, you should be fine. Remem no one has had noro in your house, so noro is not there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....