Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How can it be happening AGAIN?!

So basically my sister has come down with another stomach bug!!!!! I've just woken up to her throwing up everywhere and the thing is, it happened literally exactly a month ago give or take a day!

I'm seriously about to lose it now, she never washes her hands and acts so selfish trying to make everyone get what she has, not just by her actions, she tells us that, especially me cause she knows I freak out.

This winter I've had so many scares, working with people at work who've had a bug etc, I thought my family was done this time, but we escaped it last time and I don't think we will this time! I seriously don't know how to cope anymore I'm going out of my mind!

Default Re: How can it be happening AGAIN?!

So sorry to hear you are going through this again so soon. Could it be something she ate? Just make sure you wash your hands before putting them anywhere near your face, and clean all shared surfaces with bleach. I know it's not easy but hang in there. You CAN get through this!

Quote Originally Posted by ewilkins View Post
    So sorry to hear you are going through this again so soon. Could it be something she ate? Just make sure you wash your hands before putting them anywhere near your face, and clean all shared surfaces with bleach. I know it's not easy but hang in there. You CAN get through this!
    Thank so much. Trying my best to cope, but it's so hard everyone seems to be ill at the minute :'(

I totally know how you feel! My sister was sick with an sv when we were younger and I literally locked myself in my room for 3 days. You can get through it without getting it! I know many times the sv hits one person but doesn't hit anyone else. Try (if possible) to avoid the bathroom that she's getting sick in and just wash your hands as much as you can! I work at a college and I feel like every day someone tells me they had or have a sv and every single night I freak out that I am going to get sick. I just try really hard to wash my hands and stay away from them if possible! Prayers that you can stay away from it this time too!

Quote Originally Posted by JennaN1019 View Post
    I totally know how you feel! My sister was sick with an sv when we were younger and I literally locked myself in my room for 3 days. You can get through it without getting it! I know many times the sv hits one person but doesn't hit anyone else. Try (if possible) to avoid the bathroom that she's getting sick in and just wash your hands as much as you can! I work at a college and I feel like every day someone tells me they had or have a sv and every single night I freak out that I am going to get sick. I just try really hard to wash my hands and stay away from them if possible! Prayers that you can stay away from it this time too!
    Thank you it just seems everyone's got it at the minute I am away with work in a hotel and a waitress in the restaurant was telling us everyone's off sick, way to go making my anxiety worse when I hate eating out anyway! Grrrrr x

Quote Originally Posted by Sophieeallan View Post
    Thank you it just seems everyone's got it at the minute I am away with work in a hotel and a waitress in the restaurant was telling us everyone's off sick, way to go making my anxiety worse when I hate eating out anyway! Grrrrr x
    At least they stayed home instead of coming to work sick.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream