Hi all... Stumbled across this site while looking for distractions. My boyfriend (who I live with) started v-ing about 3 hours ago. I'm really scared it's food poisoning. We were together all day and ate all the same things. We went to a BBQ and had chicken and burgers (I'm a super anal food inspector so I'm 99% sure they were cooked correctly,) and went to the fair and had some fair food and went on a few rides. Got home, went to bed, and within the hour he was launching himself out of bed and into the bathroom. I barely had time to cover my ears. I grabbed a blanket and went out to the couch where I've been ever since. I refuse to go back into bed. I don't want to hear if he does it again and I also don't want to sleep with him in case he has a sv. The only other thing it could be is just from drinking. He's done this before after drinking steadily all day and eating crappy food. But you never know. So I'm laying here by myself trying not to pay attention to everything my stomach is doing.

Ive had had this anxiety for months, ever since I got the norovirus in December. Same thing happened when I was 14 and got an sv. For about a year or two I was constantly seeing where I could run to if I suddenly had to V. Every noise or movement in my stomach was certainly the onset of v-ing and no one could tell me any different. I never sought help for it but it eventually went away. Now it's back and I don't know what to do. I'm supposed to go to a birthday party for my step brother in the morning but I won't be able to go. I'll be worried I caught an sv and will start showing symptoms. This happens every time I hear about someone who knows someone who has gotten sick. I hole myself up with my soap and band sanitizer until 72 hours has passed. I'm missing out on life and I can't do it anymore. I'm worried my boyfriend will break up with me because of my anxiety. My friends have already stopped inviting me to things because they know I will say no. And I say no because of occasions like today... I just need someone to talk to who can relate. And maybe give tips if there's anything they've found that helps.