Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default just wanted to introduce myself

hello. i'm new on here. i just discovered that emetophobia was a thing a few weeks ago and it was like a kick to the face. it was like reading a description of my whole life. the worry, the fear and the rituals all became so normal. i've been suffering with this for about seven years (since i was 13.) I had bad food poisoning that lead to a dairy and gluten allergy (confirmed with endoscopy.) I also have been diagnosed with IBS and low functioning gallbladder. I read somewhere that IBS is sometimes misdiagnosed in people with emetophobia but i genuinely get sick from foods that are known to irritate IBS... so i don't know. I'm in college now which has been a huge challenge for me (dorm life...bathroom sharing with drunk people...) I have known i had this fear a while but i put it on the back burner because I am transgender and was dealing with those issues for a long time. i recently had surgery and feel ready am to try and get some relief through therapy. so that's my story.

Default Re: just wanted to introduce myself

Hello & welcome.
    Hope that you find as much comfort here as I do. This is a great place, lots of support and comfort.
    What are you in college for?
    Again, WELCOME ��
    Stronger than yesterday;;Weaker than tomorrow

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get support and everything you're after from here.

Hi Welcome, I also have a gluten allergy, so I do not eat gluten. I hope you find comfort and learning from this site.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

welcome. I hope you find the support you need here! what are you studying in college? congrats on the transition. I know that must be tough especially at college age. I used to live in a highly LGBT community and had friends that were in process or considering transitioning and it was a very challenging period.

Welcome to the group. I hope you find the help and support you need here. We are here for you.
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

of those asking, i am studying film and photography. thanks for all the kind words

Welcome! I'm going to university next school year and I don't even think about dorm. Although it would be fun, but as an emetophob :P For me drunk people wouldn't be the biggest problem, the problem would be contagious people (stomach virus..). But you are brave
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I took photography classes. Absolutely loved it!! ��
    Stronger than yesterday;;Weaker than tomorrow

Welcome CanonGuy
    You will find the site is full of intelligent people with great advice and lots of support. I hope you can find comfort in talking or relating to others who know exactly how you feel
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Welcome. You will find you suddenly fit, and that people do get over this phobia. IES can be a great source of info, and comfort. Congrats on finding the courage to do all you have this far!!
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch