Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just a little freaked out!

I work in a doctors office, and a women was sitting with me at the desk and was fine and then all of a sudden said "I'm having a hot flash" and then 2 minutes later said "I'm going to v*!" She wasn't there for any kind of stomach problem and said she was fine when she left. She v* into a trash can in the hallway and then a nurse pulled her into a room. Does this sound like noro? She was very stressed out and had a laundry list of things going on in her life right now. I'm just so nervous she may have anSV and that I will catch it from walking past her v*ing! Anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: Just a little freaked out!

Is this someone that works with you or was it a patient in the office? If she works with you, how was she beforehand? Was it that "out of the blue?" hmmm it's hard to tell. We have a sv* going through our house right now. My oldest son started with it and his was out of the blue like that, but he tends not to complain and tell me when something is wrong so you can't go by that. My husband got it 2nd and he was n* for hours before he v* and my youngest son, same thing. He was sick to his stomach for hours before he v* too. So could've just been a rise in hormones or something. Some people are really sensitive like that. Just out of precaution, wash your hands and keep them away from your face today.

She was a patient and she said she was fine before, had a hot flash and then v*. Idk how she is now, but I didn't touch anything she v* on and she v* in a trash can and then left the office. I'm fine so far. I pray it was just stress that did that to her, that's what she claimed.

Vomit can happen for a lot of reasons. Does she have a urinary tract infections? That could have made her vomit. I work in a doctors office too. We had a patient get sick once too and he had like pancreatitis or something I later found out...that was so traumatizing for me