Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Feel sad

Post has been deleted
    Last edited by Gemmaaa94; 05-17-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Default Re: Always feel sad after I've had a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmaaa94 View Post
    I don't do much most days because I'm unemployed at the moment and I have no friends, so I guess I usually feel 'neutral'. But for as long as I can remember, when I've been doing stuff, like today I went to a carnival and it was pretty good, I always end up feeling really sad once I get home. I'm not sure why either. Shouldn't I be happy that I've had a fun day?!

Does anyone else get like this? Or understand why I feel like this? It'd be nice to know I'm not the only one here haha.
    Maybe you feel sad because you remember that you have emetophobia? I think you should try and think positive and tell yourself that you're great and you had a great day. I know its hard to avoid the negative thoughts but dont give up.

Default Re: Always feel sad after I've had a good day

I know what you mean, it's like a big deflated back down to earth feeling isn't it. If your day to day life is so mundane then of course you're going to feel flat and a bit down in the dumps after having a taster of how much fun your life could be like if things were different.

Is there a reason why you're unemoyed? As in is it for health reasons or are you just finding it tough getting a job? Could you enrol on a college course? It's not just all academic stuff these days, they do fun stuff like cake decorating, flower arranging etc it would get you out the house and would meet new people too. Those types of course tend to be short term for just a few months so not a massive commitment. I think a social life would really help you.