Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: V scare today

I had a real scare today. I was at college, and I started getting this really horrible heavy sensation in my stomach. I tried to keep calm and ignore. I took a couple of beta-blockers to stop me panicking, and I took a zantac to see if that helped. I went to my next lesson, and I started feeling really naseous. It came over really suddenly, and I got that horrible sensation of salivary juices kinda riding up in my throat. I really thought I was going to have to run out of the room to V. I tried to keep calm and ignore it, and it passed, but then it came back again. I then spent the rest of the lesson burping, and the gradually it went away. This has really scared me. I'm scared to leave the house incase it happens again, but I've got to go to work all day tomorrow, and I work in a shop, so I can't exactly just run off if I'm behind the till. I'm so scared.
    \"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"

Hi abi..sorry you had a scare today!!

What you need to think of is it was today..and just because you felt icky today doenst mean you will tomororw ok? You probably ate something that did agree..or maybe you have a cold nd the mucus upset your tummy...it could have been anything..its over now right? so dont fret..think of it as a good step..you didnt panic and leave your lessons!!

Just relax..maybe stick to a bland diet for the evening and tomorrow..and you will be just fine!!!

good luck!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Aww, i'm so sorry you wnet thru that today. I think you will be fine tomorrow. How many times have you gone to worka dn school and this not happened? So the odds are slim and il that it will happen again. It may have been burpy gas causing the discomfort and maybe some relux or somethign in your throat? It must've been very scary for you, I know I'd be scared too, but you can't not live in case it happened again when there isnt' even much chance of it happening again right? I hope this helps and that you feel better. When i have soemthign I have to do the following day on a day I dont' feel well i try not to think about what I might feel like tomorrow and that what if I feel sick still and can't do this or that and know I couldnt' if it were today etc instead I try (note I say try cuz I know how hard it is) to tell myself, dont' jump into tomorrow, it hasn't even come yet.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I have been there too, it is hard to take your mind off of it. Try driving down the road and having the feeling your gonna V any minuite with no sholder to pull off onto. What was worse was when I was almost to my destination I got hit with stomache cramps and a sudden urge of runs. I too was afraid for a long time to go away from the house. What was really bad was at that time I was driving my old Mustang ('65 fastback), and even though it was running good, there was always the chance something could happen that would leave me stuck between here and there. Thats how it was back in 97, for me. Hang in there.
    Now where\'s that crazy sheep at? Here sheeeepy sheeepy!

Awwww Abi,

I'm sorry about what happened today!!! It sounds like a completenightmare!!! I think you handled it incredibly well though by staying in class and trying your best to calm down!! That takes a lot of strength to do, and you did it! So keep that in mind tomorrow at work!! If you feel sick (which I doubt you will), think about how hard you fought today and how you won against the nausea!! Think that if it happens, then you have the strength and power to fight it!! Because you do, and you did it today!!! Again, I doubt you will feel ill at work tomorrow, what are the odds. Just relax tonight (if it's already not night there)and do things to comfort yourself. Get agood night's sleep, and just rest.

Take Care!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Big hugs to you. I am sure that it will all go great for you. It sounds to me that you had some gas that was upsetting your tummy there and that it is gone now. I get that feeling at night mostly but I am soooo sure that before I go to sleep that I am going to be sick. I get up and after a few burps and sitting up in bed I am feeling better.

Work especially if it is busy will take your mind off it all once you are there I am sure and you will do great. Congrats on staying and being strong.

</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Melikasa
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n"><T>
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

I get that feeling at night mostly but I am soooo sure that before I go to sleep that I am going to be sick. I get up and after a few burps and sitting up in bed I am feeling better.

That is SOOOO true for me too Melikasa!!! It happens mostly at night or in the early morning for me.In fact it happenedjustlast night whenI was trying to sleep. I sat up in bed, watched some TV, then let out a bigburp and it seemed to calm down from there. After that, it feels so much better!! It's like all of this tension and nausea goes out with the burp! It's also a HUGE relief!! Not only in the obvious way, but also in that it was just a burp and not something else.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aww thank you, you guys are so sweet.

I work up this morning, and I felt really panicky and sick again. I reminded myself that I felt that way yesterday and wasn't sick, so I probably wouldn't be today, and I went to work. I felt really panicky at work, but I didn't feel really sick again. It was still quite hard though, and I didn't really eat much all day.

I still feel a bit shaken up by it all though. Everything seemed to be going really well for me, I was going out lots, and then this happens and it reminds me just how suddenly you can feel ill. I've got the rrest of the weekend to feel better though thanks so much for all your support.
    \"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"

I'm glad you went to work even tho you didn't feel too great, now you can always look back and say "i did it that day I can do it this one too" CONGRATULATION! I'm sorry you arent' feeling well still, alot of it may be allt henerves and scary feelings that feeling so sick caused. As for realizing how easy it is to sudden;y feel sick, yes this is true but how many days do you actually feel sick (not nervous sick or suggested sick as we tend to do)

Anyhow I"m really proud of you for sticking it out and telling emet to take a backseat! WHOO HOO!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin