Quote Originally Posted by Jellybear View Post
Hi, thank u for your reply.
i remember one night of pregnancy where I went and sat outside because I felt on the edge of being sick.. I sat for ages just trying not to be.. It honestly didn't feel any better than being ill to me but I do think a lot of my nausea was anxiety as well. Do you think that's why your nausea remained after 12 weeks? Because it was just the anxiety? It's so hard to tell anxiety nausea apart from real nausea!
despite everything my partner and I have been through (and the abortion was only one of a few terrible things that happened last year), we are stronger together than before (somehow!) and he took me shopping for an engagement ring. So we're getting married ..I knew he was the one I wanted to spent my life with the first week we met. And he is so understanding and supportive to me.. He wanted a family more than anything before we got together, but now he says if it never happens he doesn't care as long as we're together
so yes, very stable long-term relationship here.
The idea of adoption is nice.. I've spoken about it with him.. But we both feel we want our own. I want (so much) to be strong enough to do this. I just don't know how.
I remember before we went on holiday this year.. For some reason I was constantly nauseous (but nothing like pregnancy!) for about 5 days before we went away.. I thought I was ill! (The doc said he thought id be pregnant!) but turns out it was just anxiety... Even when I suspected it was anxiety and tried to calm down , it didn't go away. I feel like if I can control my anxiety (and anxiety nausea) then I will be able to cope so much better being pregnant...do you know how to do that?
Also, do you think you felt nauseous for 40 weeks because of anxiety? And did being pregnant/having a child cure your emet? And was the nausea much less after 12wks?? Thank u
There is a way out of emetophobia. There is help out there. I recovered with the help of CBT and a really supportive network of people around me. Have you spoken to your GP about your phobia and your hopes for the future?