Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default worried about my boyfriend and exposure

so my boyfriend works at a pizza place and he works between two locations. last night the manager of the one asked if he could come work for him today in the morning until 7pm (it's 9pm now) and he said sure because he doesn't mind. we later found out it's because he was v* last night and idk if it started after he left work or while he was still there. I am just worried that my boyfriend is going to get it now and pass it on to me. my mind is just all over the place right now what are the chances?!

Default Re: worried about my boyfriend and exposure

I would guess chances are quite low. You don't even know for sure if this guy was sick at work for one thing so if he wasn't then there really almost 0 chance. Even if he was sick there, I'd say your chances of catching are ultimately still low. For one, working I. Food service people should be washing their hands after the bathroom and before handling food. I'm sure your boyfriend does this. People get sick in public places, at work, at home, etc all the time and others who share that space do my always catch it. Think about how much nurses are exposed to in hospitals, they're not catching it all the time or even most of the time.

I wish I could tell you 100% you will not get sick but obviously nobody can do that. I honestly believe chances are low though. What I can tell you, however, is that even if you did get sick you will be fine! It will be unpleasant but you will absolutely be fine! remind yourself of that!

Default Re: worried about my boyfriend and exposure

Its easy to tell that its just in your mind. If someone v* doesn't mean he has to be sick, there can be 100 of reasons. Eating wrong stuff, beeing nervous etc..