Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help getting through dorm life?

Coming to college scared the heck out of me bc i was so afraid people would v* in the dorms all the time. I've always just lived with my mom, who has only gotten s* once in my lifetime.
    I told my roommate about emet but I've been playing it off as a joke mostly bc that's my coping mechanism. She's gotten s* twice since I've been here now.
    The first time she woke me up at like 10 in the morning and I left and went to my friends room and didn't come back for 3 days.
    Last night, she did again and didn't even tell me. In the morning she laughed about it and said I was glad I didn't wake up, and then told me all the details.
    I'm constantly on edge in my own living space now, I can't eat well or get to sleep. There's nothing I can do because it's not like I can ask her to stop getting s*...
    next year I'll be paying for a single so I will have my own v*-free space, but I still have months before that happens. I'm afraid I'll never be able to live with anyone, even a future spouse, unless they also have emet.
    does anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: Help getting through dorm life?

Save your emet energy for when your roommate has something contagious. Do you know why she vomited the first two times? If it's from alcohol, you don't have to worry.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.